The Mailbox Lounge Bar & Grill

Minxie

Having been here a few times since it opened

Do you ever eat at home ? :)

Can't cook, won't cook. :D

:lol: I know it must seem like i never eat at home but unfortunately my income wont allow me to eat out every night (its a hard life :( )

I do have a busy social life with both work and personal, luckily work picks up the tab for the more expensive places most of the time

BTW, I can and do cook......Sometimes!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I had dinner there this evening. Service was spot on, the food was great, portioned well, tasty and pricing was as expected.

My only gripe was dishes served on slate, presentation was excellent, however trying to keep torn up salad on the slate was a test.

That said, I'll definitely be going back - a positive experience here.

• 2 months later...

Know a group who had a corporate Christmas do there for quite a large party. Didn't have a good night by all accounts. Food sparse, drinks very expensive and staff very rude. They were told they were making too much noise. They took their money though. £8-900 quid spent and the staff told them there was too much noise! Unbelieveable.

Just because you were spending a lot of money doesnt give you the right to make a lot of noise and upset other diners.

I was with a group at The Views a few weeks back, we spent over £700.00 (that was just on food, drinks were on top) and we still kept our noise level to a reasonable amount.

i have been to the mailbox 7 times for lunch in the past couple of months.

consistently good food and service each each and every time, cannot fault it.

there should be more places like the mailbox available to eat in.

i can understand for the true manxies that the mailbox is a bit of a culture shock but it makes the come-overs who are an essential part of the island feel more at home

i can understand for the true manxies that the mailbox is a bit of a culture shock

I think you'll find that the only 'shock' comes from the ridiculous and totally unjustifed high prices.

i think you need to get into the real world of economics and restaurant entrepreneurship! prime location + great food + perfect facilities = high price + a sustainable business

do you really want another Havana where everything is so cheap that there isnt a penny left over to even replace the soap in the bathrooms?

i look forward to your answer :)

i think you need to get into the real world of economics and restaurant entrepreneurship! prime location + great food + perfect facilities = high price + a sustainable business

do you really want another Havana where everything is so cheap that there isnt a penny left over to even replace the soap in the bathrooms?

i look forward to your answer smile.png

I've been there twice. Both times as a guest of business people who were trying to impress me.

They failed.

The food was okay - well presented and fairly tasty. The wine was no better something that could be bought at Tesco for under a tenner (nothing like the price that was actually charged!). The service was quite good but the 'ambience' was bland.

I've nothing against it, but it cetainly wouldn't be my first choice of a place to dine out (in fact, if I was paying, it wouldn't even be on the list of places).

The 'prime location (sandwiched between some offices and a row of council houses) is as much a mystery to me as it obviously is to Patsy.

If someone wishes to spend a lot of money wining and dining me in search of business, I'd much prefer them to book a table at somewhere like McFarlane's.

There is a difference between quality and pretentiousness, you see.

Archived