The Mailbox Lounge Bar & Grill

Minxie

I have been to the Mailbox on Three occations now and I can honestley say I have never had a surcharge on my account so that is untrue.

Also the food was delicious and very friendly staff.

I propose for those who wish Fast food and in bulk, you should go to McDonalds.

If you're working there, you really should turn up more often than that.

I do not work but if I did I am sure it would be wonderful

:)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to the Mailbox on Three occations now and I can honestley say I have never had a surcharge on my account so that is untrue.

I do not work :)

Strangely enough, neither do your 'unbiased' posts, somehow. :P

I went for lunch last week. As others have said, the food is nice, if a bit on the small side portion wise. I couldn't fault the service, which was friendly and efficient. I had a "trio of mini burgers" which were delicious, but each was little more than a mouthful. Luckily the chips made up for it, but serving them in plant pots - taking the whole "slate for a plate" idea a bit too far. Both me and my friend had a dessert as we were left still hungry after the main course, and £7.50 for a pud is very steep in my book. Overall it was very nice, but a couple of quid change out of £50 won't have me hurrying back. I'd go for an evening meal perhaps, but certainly not for lunch unless I was taking clients.

I'd say 7/10 all things considered.

I do not work but if I did I am sure it would be wonderful

:)

Actually it does state on the dessert menu that a discretionary charge of 12.5% will be added to all bills but not on the main menu

After saying that i have checked my receipts and dont seemed to have been charged its a bit silly really because after seeing this in the small print i didnt tip (not tipping twice) so i would suggest Lady Anna you have a word with your boss about removing this because others will read it and your tips will be down

Keep smiling and keep doing a great job

Looking forward to seeing you soon :D

• 2 months later...

No children's menu, staff untrained. Seafood risotto sold as vegetarian option. Steak over cooked the first time, just shown the grill the second time. 2 choices of wine “out of stock”. Had to serve ourselves bread. Even with one bottle of wine and a main course taken off the bill, it still cost £108.00 for 4 adults and one 2 year old…And, no apology!

Sincerely suspect the restaurant is an excuse to get a bar license. Once it has been there a few months, I would not be surprised if the restaurant closes and it remains a bar.

How's the Court House working out for you?

fine ?.

Proper lucky where I live, this is on my doorstep foody heaven

The website does it no favours at all as it is mainly fresh fish that they concentrate on. They have a chalk board with the fish they have in that day and the really nice touch is the boat that landed it.

Ace.

4. Manager is a rude jumped up pretentious cock that must have been reading the manager of costa beans handy hint guide to being a bullying aggressive tit head.

So I'm not the only person who's noticed what an unconscionable arse that particular person is.

I went to the Mailbox a few weeks ago and left with only a couple of gripes. I found the place quite nice and chilled out inside, quite a nice atmosphere (the manager wasn't there that night so might have been the reason reading other comments), staff were attentive and friendly and to be perfectly honest I couldn't fault them.

The food in general was nice, not mind blowing just nice. I had sushi, noodles and chocolatey dessert that probably contained a weeks worth of calories. Now the gripes (well, one's a pet hate more than anything). The Sushi was crap, £8 (iirc) for three pieces of Sushi that looked identical to what you buy from Tesco's at lunchtime which made me wonder if that's exactly where it'd come from...

And the pet hate, nice fresh bread and the coldest, hardest butter imaginable. Seriously what's the point of even bothering to give customers lovely fresh bread with butter that you could play marbles with if it's physically impossible to spread it....? That goes for a lot of places though, not just the mailbox.

Archived