The Mailbox Lounge Bar & Grill

Minxie

Shut it!

Eard there is a dress code to get in this place,what a load of bollocks! I like wearing me trainers and jog pants throughout the day luv!

Can get in the Sefton, Hilton, courthouse and court etc no probs what makes this 2 bit shit shack any better?

Eard the manager rides to work on a bmx with no saddle?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Lee stinks of wee!

Listen luv if your looking to be sucked of proper good by a troll, try the whitebridge at 6am, although ya probably still in ya wanken chariot at that time messing with ya acorn pecker

Learn how to ride a bike properly....must try harder noodle arms!

Listen spooky boy ya sound like the kind of chap I would wine dine and 69- hee hee! Hope ya like turkey dinosaurs and micro chips

My interests luv are as follows we could be a perfect match

1. Diggin up badgers

2. walking in ta fields on stilts an making crop circles

3. gluing 50 pence pieces to the floor in strand street and watchin pensioners tryin ta pick it up

4. Hidin in wheelie bins and jumpen out on the bin men

5. Cocks

spooky ya are gettin me wet and I dont mean I have fell in the sea while eaten a kebab

jizz on me mask always goes down a treat!

I like my men to do nude press ups - ave you ever met purple aki of liverpool hes my hero! you should make contact luv x x x x x (google the legend)

• 3 weeks later...

Having been here a few times since it opened i now think its just an average eatery trying to be something its not! Everytime i have been seated i have waited for a menu but it hasnt come i have got up to get my own menu, ok so not really that much of a big deal but then when you put it together with slow waiting staff, OK food and a kitchen that advertises open 2-9 (or there abouts) but decides to close when the fancy takes then i think it is a big deal.

The big chef comes across as a bit pompus with the attidae "my place my rules", dosnt seem to care about any sort of customer care or feed back :(

It is a shame because it started off so well with just the odd teething problem that could have easilly been ironed out given the right attitude.

ARTISAN is a much nicer place/venue for any occasion!

*I have no affiliation with ARTISAN.....

Having been here a few times since it opened i now think its just an average eatery trying to be something its not! Everytime i have been seated i have waited for a menu but it hasnt come i have got up to get my own menu, ok so not really that much of a big deal but then when you put it together with slow waiting staff, OK food and a kitchen that advertises open 2-9 (or there abouts) but decides to close when the fancy takes then i think it is a big deal.

The big chef comes across as a bit pompus with the attidae "my place my rules", dosnt seem to care about any sort of customer care or feed back :(

It is a shame because it started off so well with just the odd teething problem that could have easilly been ironed out given the right attitude.

*I have no affiliation with ARTISAN.....

Do you ever eat at home ? :)

Whilst I think that the Mailbox is very expensive for what you get, I think that initial teething problems with service that most new ventures seem to suffer from have been sorted, and it's actually very nice. Admittedly I only tend to eat in there when it's with work (ie on expenses!) but I can't say I've ever come out feeling disappointed. I wish they'd stop putting the chips in plant pots though, it really is very passé. I must try Artisan though.

4. Manager is a rude jumped up pretentious cock that must have been reading the manager of costa beans handy hint guide to being a bullying aggressive tit head.

So I'm not the only person who's noticed what an unconscionable arse that particular person is.

The guy's reputation for being an arse is widespread, I believe......

Tried the Mailbox a few times for drinks and bar food and can say it was pants. Really poor service. If teething troubles then about time they were sorted.

The Courthouse is no great shakes and the Bar George is so noisy your head hurts. Just like being in a school dining room.

I used to like Coast but was there recently and couldn't believe how downhill it had gone.

For me, it's got to be either JAR or 14 North. Excellent food, service and a great dining experience at both.

4. Manager is a rude jumped up pretentious cock that must have been reading the manager of costa beans handy hint guide to being a bullying aggressive tit head.

So I'm not the only person who's noticed what an unconscionable arse that particular person is.

The guy's reputation for being an arse is widespread, I believe......

Tried the Mailbox a few times for drinks and bar food and can say it was pants. Really poor service. If teething troubles then about time they were sorted.

The Courthouse is no great shakes and the Bar George is so noisy your head hurts. Just like being in a school dining room.

I used to like Coast but was there recently and couldn't believe how downhill it had gone.

For me, it's got to be either JAR or 14 North. Excellent food, service and a great dining experience at both.

Yes, I don't think I've ever met anybody who has a good word to say about the little troll who owns Costa. At least now that he owns three venues, you've only got a 1 in 3 chance of encountering him. The Courthouse is OK, but it's no use at lunch time as they really do tend to take ages. Agree with what you say about Bar George, the noise does echo round in there. The last time I went to Coast it was excellent I have to say, as was JAR. 14 North is nice for lunch, but my favourite place on the Harbour is Cafe Bohemia which is just fabulous.

Put it this way the attitude and face to face stand off with the Manager of the Mailbox over his crap service, attitude and food didnt go down well with me!

My advice to you office bods lining his pockets is buy a sandwich from Marks and Spencers or go elsewhere.

Archived