The Mailbox Lounge Bar & Grill

Minxie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No children's menu, staff untrained. Seafood risotto sold as vegetarian option. Steak over cooked the first time, just shown the grill the second time. 2 choices of wine “out of stock”. Had to serve ourselves bread. Even with one bottle of wine and a main course taken off the bill, it still cost £108.00 for 4 adults and one 2 year old…And, no apology!

Sincerely suspect the restaurant is an excuse to get a bar license. Once it has been there a few months, I would not be surprised if the restaurant closes and it remains a bar.

The building is called Capital House which is the first clue and Capital International, Treasury Services, Fund Services et al are on the third floor so I would guess that Capital International owns the building.

According to www.themailbox.im it is supposed to have something for everyone and the menu is centred on a cutting edge meat and seafood grill - not sure these statements are accurate!

No children's menu, staff untrained. Seafood risotto sold as vegetarian option. Steak over cooked the first time, just shown the grill the second time. 2 choices of wine “out of stock”. Had to serve ourselves bread. Even with one bottle of wine and a main course taken off the bill, it still cost £108.00 for 4 adults and one 2 year old…And, no apology!

Sincerely suspect the restaurant is an excuse to get a bar license. Once it has been there a few months, I would not be surprised if the restaurant closes and it remains a bar.

How's the Court House working out for you?

According to www.themailbox.im it is supposed to have something for everyone and the menu is centred on a cutting edge meat and seafood grill - not sure these statements are accurate!

I was quite attracted by the website so signed up for details on opening and special offers. Todate I have heard nothing.

I also went for a quick look, glimpse of the menu and possibly book a table but basically I the place felt like it wanted wanted to be a bar that served food. The "Chefs Theatre" is certianly not what I expected as it just seems to be a hot plate set into one side of the bar.

It may be very good, succesful and popular but in my case I did feel a bit let down by as the reality did not meet my expectations from the website etc. Probably would go as a party wanting food and a few drinks but cannot me going with just the wife for a nice meal out.

The building is called Capital House which is the first clue and Capital International, Treasury Services, Fund Services et al are on the third floor so I would guess that Capital International owns the building.

I went to the registry to find out, however the records only show stuff about the water authority in 1948 for the addy. I have it in mind that it is either GFL or the government whom own it, I might investigate Capital International when I can be arsed, :)

Guest ravabelli

Called in to have a butchers last Saturday. 'Chefs theatre' is a bit of a joke for a hotplate set at the end of the bar. Had a Margarita and half pint of beer for £11.25 so decided its not the place for us.

Have to agree with portion sizes and prices but the food is lovely quite different too not your average list of boring food which is served on slates and wooden boards, and the desserts are good which always works for me.

They are open all day and into the evening which i also like i hate restricted opening hours of 12-2

Staff friendly

Looking forward to going again if someone else is paying :)

I might add that they add 12.5% tip :( Im never happy about that as i feel its should be my choice

I have been to the Mailbox on Three occations now and I can honestley say I have never had a surcharge on my account so that is untrue.

Also the food was delicious and very friendly staff.

I propose for those who wish Fast food and in bulk, you should go to McDonalds.

I have been to the Mailbox on Three occations now and I can honestley say I have never had a surcharge on my account so that is untrue.

Also the food was delicious and very friendly staff.

I propose for those who wish Fast food and in bulk, you should go to McDonalds.

If you're working there, you really should turn up more often than that.

Archived