Another Defeat For The Clarksons

ballaboy

If PROWL win I will set bear traps around the currently restricted parts of Langness.

Psst, its dog they walk around there, not bears, your not lomg of the ferry are you.

and you can get back on it in the morning (if it sails) or fly (if the ash cloud has fucked off).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vendetta? This prowl group is people who highlighted the situation. They are not involved any longer are they? I don't see anything stupid in establishing rights of way on such land, this will mean rights of way for Manx people to walk freely there for generations to come, its win win. More land should be open for people to enjoy, its not right that some people have so much land (I don't know hw much these people have, but it's more than most). Come on tugger, they dont even live there.

is somone who is married to a Manxwoman, whos father in law was the only Manx VC winner a comeover?

reminds me of the nationalist graffiti daubed onMark Stevensons bungalow after he came home and sold Balladoole where his family had lived since the C16

Mrs C who is a co owner of Langness lighthouse is not a comeover

i think his parents were in the colonial service in Shanghai, where he was born. His father was connected to the owners of Castletown Brewery. His father was born here, and retired here. R F Cain went KWC and did 20 years in the forces and then worked for Shell until he retired and came back to live in IOM. Mrs C may not have been born here, not uncommon for children of Manx people in the 1950's/60's whose parents could not find work here.

The Cains are as Manx as they come, for many generations

Point taken JW I should have put 'rich comeover'. Its not a term I particularly like but those two adjectives are very often linked to JC when discussions start. The fact that his wife is manx is conveniently forgotten. So to clarify:

is somone who is married to a Manxwoman, whos father in law was the only Manx VC winner a comeover

Unfortunately in many people's opinion the answer has to be yes. I prefer not to pidgeon hole people based on their origins but that simple thinking is rife here. There have been previous posts on here questioning the manxness of Mrs C and now we've just had another one. It beggars belief really.

Why oh why do we have to fall back on this sectarian way of thinking when an argument gets intense?

I may be wrong about the Brewery connection, may be Cains dentists in Finch Road

Not sure where Mrs C was born, R F Cain worked in the far east and africa, elected to parliament in Nigeria, in 20 years after being demobbed in 1945

Why oh why do we have to fall back on this sectarian way of thinking when an argument gets intense?

Who mentioned comeovers anyway, only you ballaughbiker. Groups just like prowl have had similar campaigns in the past here & across but no-one really pays attention unless they are interested in walking on the path or rights of ways generally. Who they are or are not is of no importance, only their actions.

This guy happens to be famous, so its attracted lots of interest, unlike other campaigns. Mostly, I think, its attracted attraction from those in the "leave him alone you wooly jumpered, sandal wearing ramblers" camp, who actualy have no interest really, other than they like clarkson and his immature rambling (of a different type).

It makes no difference anyway, it was known long ago that the inspector found rights were there, it was only a matter of how many for ages, thats why it ook so long initally. Now its only delaying the inevitable.

I may be wrong about the Brewery connection, may be Cains dentists in Finch Road

Not sure where Mrs C was born, R F Cain worked in the far east and africa, elected to parliament in Nigeria, in 20 years after being demobbed in 1945

isn't he Robt henry cain - born shanghai to manx parents - married Mary Addison in 1941 who lived with her parents in Devon during war - after which R H Cain returned to work for Shell + gen manager for west africa 1951, house of representatives nigeria in 1952 (as per new manx worthies) - his ashes interred in cain family plot in braddan (his father was robt j cain + mother emily lewin - no info as to where children born tho he retired to castletown with 2 youngest children in 1972

Archived