Another Defeat For The Clarksons

ballaboy

Who mentioned comeovers anyway, only you ballaughbiker

Ffs, Have you really not heard this sentiment about three or four sentences in to any discussion on Clarkson/PROWL? Really? It usually degenerates into a "why doesn't he just go back to Yorkshire/Cotswolds/wherever and leave 'us' and 'our' island alone" type of thing within minutes. Perhaps you'd also like to refer to the pages and pages and pages of previous discussion on this topic on MF too.

Like I said, I don't like this sectarian type of talk. It's pointless and devisive. However that doesn't change my original opinion (and lets put it another way, just for Butterflies) that if he wasn't rich and he was manx, nobody would have really cared, PROWL would not have been born and all this grief, expense and bad publicity would not have happened.

I remember JC singing the praises of the island on Top Gear. Guess what will happen now.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vendetta?

Definitely. If he hadn't been a rich comeover, prowl would have never been born.

Corrected: This prowl group is people who highlightedstarted the situation

Was it not Dick Hodge who started prowl, a wealthy comeover.

And said this

PROWL secretary Dick Hodge said: 'It is all about demonstrating to government how strong the feeling is among the Manx people.

with the implication 'if you're not Manx'.........

I don't know about the pages and pages of talk, but

Like I said, I don't like this sectarian type of talk. It's pointless and devisive. However that doesn't change my original point (and lets put it another way, just for Butterflies) that if he wasn't rich and he was manx, nobody would have really cared, PROWL would not have been born and all this grief, expense bad publicity would not have happened.

however pointless and derisive you find it, you brought it up. If so really find it so objectionable, why would you bring it up?

However if they weren't rich they wouldn't own the land so there would be nothing to care about. And they're almost Manx from the matriarchal side of the family so surely that means your argument of if they weren't rich and if they was manx is flawed.

I do not believe that people only care for those reason, but if some do, so what. There are an equal if not greator number who only care because of who one of the owners is. It's still right, I believe, that rights of way should be in place. The independent inspector, deemster etc are not caring about who is manx or rich.

I don't know about the pages and pages of talk

Here it is

If so really find it so objectionable, why would you bring it up?

This is like wading through treacle.... Because in EVERY discussion I've been involved in, this sentiment has been voiced. Just because I don't like the thinking behind it does not preclude mentioning it.

And they're almost Manx from the matriarchal side of the family

Er, you're pushing on an open door with that point as I agree! However a lot don't and (whilst it might be a wind up) have even doubted Mrs C's origins.

Just to repeat, it is my opinion that if a non-celeb (instead of rich if it makes it better) local had diverted a bit of footpath round his house to nobody's real detriment, nobody would have cared. However change that to a face that's known worldwide with an equally known on-screen attitude then, hey, that's different!

Access has been denied to several rights of way in recent times.

Unfortunately, the landowners were merely rich - not famous.

This meant that the tosspots who formed PROWL wouldn't have had the limelight they craved.

Therefore they did nothing.

Once a TV celebrity was involved they suddenly found their voices to challenge what, at most, is a miniscule inconvenience.

I would recommend cutting their balls off - if I honestly believed they had any.

I can't stand Clarkson's TV programmes, and would turn over immediately if they came on. But I still support the Clarksons on this issue over the wankers at PROWL, who have decided to spend taxpayers' money on their vendetta

However, this isn't about who you find least objectionable, it's about whether that's a right of way or not and Clarkson has lost at every stage. I agree Prowl made too much of an issue of this BUT the continued expense is because he continues challenge every point decision and on increasingly spurious grounds. He should cut his losses and accept the decision for the greater good and then the cost to the Islsnd wiill end.

I can't stand Clarkson's TV programmes, and would turn over immediately if they came on. But I still support the Clarksons on this issue over the wankers at PROWL, who have decided to spend taxpayers' money on their vendetta

Cannot quite get past the irony of a poster called "tugger" calling other folk "wankers" to even try and troll you.

Access has been denied to several rights of way in recent times.

Unfortunately, the landowners were merely rich - not famous.

This meant that the tosspots who formed PROWL wouldn't have had the limelight they craved.

Therefore they did nothing.

Once a TV celebrity was involved they suddenly found their voices to challenge what, at most, is a miniscule inconvenience.

I would recommend cutting their balls off - if I honestly believed they had any.

OMG. I find myself agreeing with a taxi owner. :huh:

Declan, there wasn't a finding that a right of way already existed, was there? That would simply be a matter for the courts - not the legislature or a public enquiry.

If I was Clarkson I'd be fighting every inch of the way too, as this has all the hallmarks of a comeover witchhunt

Warra fuckin drama queen you are tugger "come-over witchunt" ffs.

Could just aswell be viewed as some rich stubborn, self important smug bastard come-over, believing his own hype, you buy a property and abide by the laws of the land, his choice to buy the place, could of chosen from many problem free properties, fuukim.

Tugger that is not quite right

Sure the RoW are not on the definitive map

However the inspector did find that the majority of those claimed had come into force through dedication by usage over time, ie they existed, and that the definitive map should be amended.

Inspector's recommendations go to minister, Clarksons object, as they are entitled to, Minister makes decision, Clarksons seek to have judicially reviewed on basis no reasonable Minister could reasonably come to such a decision. They are out of time, for whatever reason, they apply to extend the time limit, they are allocated a judge who has made decisions against them in other, but related, matters, they object to him, they lose and now have to go on with the application to be heard out of time.

I agree it is tortuous and slow. It has nothing to do with wealth or origin. PROWL cannot have foreseen this and how long it might take or what it might cost. At the end of the day it is a Government decision to amend the map, or not, and Clarksons are entitled to challenge that.

This is not about how can lawyers make money by stringing it out, it is about how can a landowner whose land is all of a sudden going to have public rights of way across it entered onto the definitive map, use every legal weapon in his armoury to prevent that from happening within the law. Clarksons' decision, not the lawyers, they merely advise, and if bright enough can delay and may help Clarkson win. I know its a fine distinction. But it is none the less a real one. And if Clarksons were penniless they would get legal aid

Really the Minister and the Clarksons should mediate and try and compromise. Save a fortune! Potentially.

Warra fuckin drama queen you are tugger "come-over witchunt" ffs.

Could just aswell be viewed as some rich stubborn, self important smug bastard come-over, believing his own hype, you buy a property and abide by the laws of the land, his choice to buy the place, could of chosen from many problem free properties, fuukim.

But the law of the land is that only PRoW on the definitive map exist. These were not on that map when they bought. They bought free of RoW, the government is now saying it will amend the map. They are entitled to object. Freedom, democracy, etc.

Archived