Morrissey At The Villa

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morrissey is one of the most gifted lyricists to ever walk the earth and he's still a superb live performer.

Admittedly he's an incorrigible arsehole as well in some regards, but you don't create the wonderful lyrics such as he's crafted over the years without having some quirks about you :D

His solo albums aren't as epically amazing as The Smiths albums, but then again, nothing is.

You are the quarry , is a fine album from 3 or 4 years back.

Morrissey is one of the most gifted lyricists to ever walk the earth and he's still a superb live performer.

Admittedly he's an incorrigible arsehole as well in some regards, but you don't create the wonderful lyrics such as he's crafted over the years without having some quirks about you :D

His solo albums aren't as epically amazing as The Smiths albums, but then again, nothing is.

You are the quarry , is a fine album from 3 or 4 years back.

Oh absolutely, a lot of his solo work is fantastic (Viva Hate is one of my favourite all-time albums), it's just that The Smiths were so, so good that it's hard for anything else to ever match them.

Anyway, Mrs Twonky is a big fan too and so are a couple of chums, so I'll be on the lookout for the tickets going on sale :)

Oooh I am so happy, I'm like 17 again, watching the Smiths live on You tube. You know, I went to Salford Lads Club, had my picture taken where they had The Queen is Dead album cover shot taken, I'm the most excited person on the whole of the Isle of Man, maybe? perhaps Smiths fans were a bit obsessive....Oh it's great though :) Oh I think I might root out my ancient video of The South Bank show with them on, frikken ace :)

His value as a poet means more to me than his music, that is for sure :) I was looking at loads of old Smiths live things on youtube last night, by goodness me Johnny Marr is flippen brill, I haven't bothered much with Modest Mouse perhaps I should give em a more serious listen.

Seriously late to this post but if you are a Johnny Marr fan you might like to give The Cribs a listen to as well. He left in April, but whilst he was there his influence was undeniable.

Needless to say, when the tickets go on sale I will be there with bells on and my Meat Is Murder t shirt!

You people are aware, I take it, that this bloke is a whingeing, depressing arse. But then I suppose it's to be expected from people who roughed it in the Glastonbury mud to watch Shirley Bassey. Wow, so avant garde.

Christ! What a generation. Smalll wonder that equally depressing, talentless shite like Coldplay and Keane are making a fortune. Get a grip and sort yourselves out.

You people are aware, I take it, that this bloke is a whingeing, depressing arse. But then I suppose it's to be expected from people who roughed it in the Glastonbury mud to watch Shirley Bassey. Wow, so avant garde.

Christ! What a generation. Smalll wonder that equally depressing, talentless shite like Coldplay and Keane are making a fortune. Get a grip and sort yourselves out.

STFU mister pretentious arse - We also have a love of all manner of ace music (what do you have to say about Imogen heap with Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts?) I have no care to tramp through mud to see Shirley Bassey (and to bring you up to date, this year it's U2 & we'll be in the GLade Friday watching Younger Brother & Shpongle - I'm just a person, avant garde is a hair do....) but anyway, music creates nostalgia and I happen to enjoy the nostalgia of being 16 which is the age I was when I was liking The Smiths. You need to take your head out of your arse, hahaha that's rich coming from "I have no tolerance for any music other than the stuff I like", my mate just lent me his video of

I've been watching it over and over, I'm rubbish at remembering the names of bands (mokobo, moloko, the Egg, who cares? maybe thats why Coldplay are famous people are brainwashed into remembering their name because Radio 1 says it every 5 minutes, there must be some auto suggestion psychology there - lol) but that's ok because I don't need to my I-tunes knows all the best music.

Did you google that?

Edit to add - the video I have been watching over and over is actually of The Egg, most of that post was a private joke between the mate who lent me the video and myself but seeing as I find it quite funny I'll fess up - I was watching the Bonobo video round his the other day and asked to borrow it..he gave me the wrong one, I only noticed after watching it 3 or 4 times.....but anyway the youtube link is for Bonobo and they are really very sweet.

Archived