Morrissey At The Villa

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MrBees: The Smiths, Imogen Heap and Bonobo? You really do like your depressing shit don't you nancy? And Jeff Beck lost the ability to play years ago (thrown off his stride after watching Hendrix, and he's never found it again).

Anyway, you were trying to tell of some "ace music" you listen to. I'm all ears.

You were left with a rich legacy of talent from previous decades: to add to which, you have,- nobody. With the very dubious possible exception of X-Factor and vomit inducing boy/girl "bands", there is utterly nobody. True, some modern young outfits like The Answer are spreading the word, but as they are actually talented and do not reduce an audience of non-smoking vegetarians to sobbing into their edible Fair Trade snot rags, they're unlikely to receive mainstream recognition.

Dry your eyes, put your hankies away and along with your tearful cohorts, get it sorted.

And Jeff Beck lost the ability to play years ago (thrown off his stride after watching Hendrix, and he's never found it again).

Utter, utter cobblers mate :)

Oh The Villa, they never answer the phone & when/if they do you'll probably wish they hadn't bothered. They should take training in efficiency from the people at St Johns (ex-DAFF) - they answer the phone quickly and know their jobs too, quite unique in government.

I saw Morrissey at the Reading a few years ago, while I was waiting for the White Stripes, he was ok but he did spend most of set moaning about speeding cameras and Johnny Foreigner.

How could you tell when he stopped moaning and started singing?

Another second-rate has-been - amazed he wasn't booked for the Bayfest debacle!

Spot on. Always sounded like he was in pain to me. Each to their own though. Never condemn what you don't understand. ;)

Yeah yeah yeah, if you haven't got anything nice to say, stay silent! :)

Quite right! He's whining so much he's beginning to sound like...errmmm...that singer feller... used to be with the Smiths.... ;)

Spoke to the Villa yesterday and they said tickets were going on sale today. Then today they said they had no idea when the tickets were going on sale.

Another Bay Festival anyone?

Hardly a Bay Festival as they haven't actually sold any tickets and the event hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Anyone got any Bay Festival ticket money back yet?

Archived