Tt Scaffolding

Monkey boy

I was just wondering what the deal is with the various scaffolding structures in gardens along Bray hill, QB road etc. Are they erected foc by the scaffolding companies (most of which seem to be represented) who may benefit from the free advertising, or are they paid for by enthusiastic householders? And what of the grandstand at Sulby bridge? I assume the gov paid for that one, can't see it being free as it's quite a big job, even though it's plastered with Absolute Scaffolding signs.

Not saying I disagree with any of it, whoever pays for it & you can't blame them for plastering their name all over it, some of them are quite impressive. They all seem to have used their especially shiney bits of scaffolding for the job aswell.

Just curious, that's all.

Well now you mention it I've often wondered about the temporary bridges at Bray Hill, Bungalow etc. It must be a hell of a job lifting those fuckers into place, it must take a hell of a big crane. That is if it's not just my imagination that they take them down in the winter, perhaps I just don't notice them without the banners on them.

Well now you mention it I've often wondered about the temporary bridges at Bray Hill, Bungalow etc. It must be a hell of a job lifting those fuckers into place, it must take a hell of a big crane. That is if it's not just my imagination that they take them down in the winter, perhaps I just don't notice them without the banners on them.

only a ouple of ton in them, not a big job really,

lift up drop and bolt

one at sulby is done by the farmer,

and by all acconts it was a hell of a price to get on it last year

what piebaps said, it was a burger van business that did it last year in the hope of a lucrative captive audience and ofcourse the entry fee for the seats. not sure if it worked well for them or not, also not sure if the same outfit has paid for it this time round either.

The bridge at the bungalow is there all year

The one at St Ninians goes up for TT and comes down after MGP

Bridge between the Grandstand and St Ninians is there all year

New one being built at Bedstead - the foundations are in place already and this will be a permanent fixture

one at sulby is done by the farmer,

and by all acconts it was a hell of a price to get on it last year

what piebaps said, it was a burger van business that did it last year in the hope of a lucrative captive audience and ofcourse the entry fee for the seats. not sure if it worked well for them or not, also not sure if the same outfit has paid for it this time round either.

It’s the same greedy burger van man doing it this year as last year, he rents the field from the land owner.

Last year he tried to stop the two ladies selling teas and cakes at Sulby Bridge as they were taking business from him.

New one being built at Bedstead - the foundations are in place already and this will be a permanent fixture

Think this one is for the new School rather than being just for the TT.

I always thought that when they were planning Governors Hill a road tunnel should have been built under Bedstead to get the traffic from the North of Douglas to Onchan and save that hell of a trip around the access road and through packed Douglas Roads.

Think this one is for the new School rather than being just for the TT.

I always thought that when they were planning Governors Hill a road tunnel should have been built under Bedstead to get the traffic from the North of Douglas to Onchan and save that hell of a trip around the access road and through packed Douglas Roads.

Yup, being done for the new school - but IMO there should have been one put up when the estate was first developed

I like how they can put bridges up for people who come here once a year and spend money on TT merchandise like they were at Disney (have you been to the grandstand? It's over flowing with mass produced crappy merchandise, merchandise & a little more merchandise, nothing for bikes just TT-T-shirts) but cannot imagine having a permanent bridge somewhere useful like at the QB - it's quite a scary road to cross. Grrrrr.

Archived