Property Sales

Pierrot Lunaire

It's more like Fraggle Rock these days.

Well I gave up on the south-west of the UK, all-in-all the rock's hard to beat and with falling prices and the fact that I know my way round I decided to move back and stalk a few forum members smile.png

Seems like only a few years since I left - in fact it was 1976 when I pushed off for university.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more like Fraggle Rock these days.

Well I gave up on the south-west of the UK, all-in-all the rock's hard to beat and with falling prices and the fact that I know my way round I decided to move back and stalk a few forum members smile.png

Seems like only a few years since I left - in fact it was 1976 when I pushed off for university.

Plus the fact it's never been cheaper to get on and off (for the moment) means it's got quite a bit more going for it than most parts of the UK IF you don't expect to get your money back on your house purchase. In my view property prices on here are like a falling knife and will continue to fall much lower when the economy takes it's next nosedive when the global taxation agenda really starts to kick in.

Plus the fact it's never been cheaper to get on and off (for the moment) means it's got quite a bit more going for it than most parts of the UK IF you don't expect to get your money back on your house purchase. In my view property prices on here are like a falling knife and will continue to fall much lower when the economy takes it's next nosedive when the global taxation agenda really starts to kick in.

Getting VDSL in my street this month too, there's no place like 127.0.0.1 :)

In my view property prices on here are like a falling knife and will continue to fall much lower when the economy takes it's next nosedive when the global taxation agenda really starts to kick in.

I don't think it's *that* bad but do agree that prices could well fall, I also expect the financial crap to hit the fan over the next two to three years. In my case it's the last time I'll move so am not too worried about falling prices; the value of a house is, and always will be - a house.

"Upturn in the housing market"

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/upturn-in-the-housing-market-1-5627860

What a load of guff. Here's just one example: "He said that a lot of buyers now already had their mortgage approved, had sold a property or were cash buyers". What about the rest - paying with seashells?

Has any one else noticed (to the point where they are bothered enough to post about them) the ever growing glut of mansions overlooking places? That fucking eyesore in Ballabeg (sorry to swear so badly but really, it is necessary) - the thing opposite the blackboard bends, the whole of Port St Mary/Gansey prom - they're popping up all over the place- it's mental, someone I know wants to extend their house which is way back off the road, the addition to the house is beautifully designed and in keeping with the surrounding area, no end of bother with the planners...these mansions, WTF?

I was having a conversation with my son last night, he was planning his mansion house, I had to tell him, the whole point of life is to be happy and have experiences, a big house will not make you happy, if you spend your entire life chasing wealth you totally miss the other stuff - I love being me sometimes. Years ago my dad and his mate were talking about a mate of theirs who'd sold his business in the 70's for a couple of million, by the time he was 35 he'd run out of things to spend money on & now, he is a totally miserable lonely old man, wives been and gone (great work if you can get it girls...) but hey - he's got a big house and loads of land :)

• 4 years later...

Archived