Does It Matter If A Candidate Is Not 'manx' Or Island Born?

Albert Tatlock

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nice one manxie, i voted dont know, i do know now.

I was the only vote for that option aswell.

Now ive voted the same as another 3 manxies, and against the 59 brits and 1 german.

whooooooosh i feel like i have just joined the green party.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now ive voted the same as another 3 manxiesinbreds, and against the 59 brits real Manx and 1 German-Manx.

Now ive voted the same as another 3 manxies, and against the 59 brits and 1 german.

Pauld, Manxie44 and their four man Manx Defence League. Lol. Still, at least you own up to it.

I'm glad that a sentance from a song can change your opinion on current issues so easily. Makes me wonder if the opinions were even yours to start with?

Are only people born here Manx?

yes

Can I Quote from the MANX NATIONAL ANTHEM first line :-"Oh Land of Our BIRTH". Not "rebirth" , "Low Tax" or "Better than any of the Manx at my Job"

Can I quote from the SAME, second verse :-

When Orry, the Dane,

In Mannin did reign,

'Twas said he had come from above;

For wisdom from Heav'n

To him had been giv'n

To rule us with justice and love.

Orry the Dane, not "local" , "Manxie" or "Better than any Comeover at.......... " Oh you get the idea. I bet he wasn't even voted in.

I ain't gonna vote for a 'born and bred' milkman or postman because he/she is Manx. You vote for whoever is the best qualified for the job. Being literate with a good understanding of politics, economics, public service, tax and budget control should be a prerequisite. You don't get English MPs saying as part of their manifestos that they know every road in their constituency because they used to drive a van there.

Have to agree with Merkin here. I don't care whether they are Manx or English. I would however like them to have a degree standard education in politics and or accountancy. The "good old boy" system of politics have been tried and have hugely failed. Oh and another thing. Reduce the number of MHK's and get rid of all the bloody hangers on (mlc's etc etc)

No arsin about with Phil, albert, got nationalist running through him like rock has blackpool running through it, a proper manxman, a manxman with balls, a manxman whose zippo will end up being a future manx museum artifact.

And his nose is losing its brownish hue now that Tony's retired.

You don't get English MPs saying as part of their manifestos that they know every road in their constituency because they used to drive a van there.

Not strictly true. Most candidates are pushing a central party manifesto anyway, but I've lived in areas where independents have made a big thing about their knowledge and understanding of local issues. Without success mind.

No arsin about with Phil, albert, got nationalist running through him like rock has blackpool running through it, a proper manxman, a manxman with balls, a manxman whose zippo will end up being a future manx museum artifact.

And his nose is losing its brownish hue now that Tony's retired.

Lets face it, he never stood a chance of getting his nose in tephlons arse, bells feet were always in the way.

Aye i am now officially a Phil Gawne for chief minister man now, i have seen the light brothers. Yo spook you fuckwit it is # sentence #.

I stand corrected and bow to your superior grasp of the language. :lol:

Aye and they let people like you vote, do you see the problem now brother.

Archived