House Of Key's Questions - Tues 14 February 2012

Manx1Bloke

if you are listening on MR AM or streaming audio....

QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER

1. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Mr Hall) to ask the Chief Minister –

What contingency plans and risk management framework the Government

has in place to guarantee the Island’s strategic lifeline provided by the Steam

Packet Company?

2. The Hon. Member for Douglas South (Mrs Beecroft) to ask the

Chief Minister –

If he will negotiate a reduction in the Isle of Man’s contribution to defence

proportionate to the reduction in the defence budget in the UK?

3. The Hon. Member for Douglas South (Mrs Beecroft) to ask the Minister for

Social Care –

What plans he has for defining the meaning of fuel poverty for residents of

the Isle of Man?

4. The Hon. Member for Douglas North (Mr Houghton) to ask the Minister for

Infrastructure –

When he will introduce regulations to control on-street parking of motor

homes and large vans?

enjoy....

the UK definition of fuel poverty is where:-

A household is said to be in fuel poverty if it needs to spend more than 10% of its income on fuel to maintain a satisfactory heating regime (usually 21 degrees for the main living area, and 18 degrees for other occupied rooms).

Chris Robertshaw gave an explanation of why it isn't appropriate for the IOM and his department is going to undertake a review of IOM circumstances.....but at the moment there are no figures or benchmarks to work against.......the review will take a number of weeks and Chris Robertshaw will have to refer to the Treasury Minister before making the results public....

I think what it covers is a yearly total of costs of electricity and gas or oil bills subtracted from your total income,not sure if rent and rates are included.

It would be an interesting exercise to see if after deduction of electric and gas bills,rent and rates,from a state pension what would be left for food and personal items,not a lot I would think,but if some sort of committee was set up,they include the pensioner on it.

2. The Hon. Member for Douglas South (Mrs Beecroft) to ask the

Chief Minister –

If he will negotiate a reduction in the Isle of Man’s contribution to defence

proportionate to the reduction in the defence budget in the UK?

Oh dear is this a warm up for a regiment sized Allan Bell Liebenstarte?

Anyway nice to see the voice of common decency in action

The Hon. Member for Douglas North (Mr Houghton) to ask the Minister for

Infrastructure –

homes and large vans?

Is there a suplementary question on Dog Poo?

We certainly do need a definition of fuel poverty for those who fall into the category. Thanks to sheer incompetence, greed and financial mismanagement we enjoy some of the highest fuel prices in the western world and those who struggle to be able to maintain a degree of comfort should be assisted.

We certainly do need a definition of fuel poverty for those who fall into the category. Thanks to sheer incompetence, greed and financial mismanagement we enjoy some of the highest fuel prices in the western world and those who struggle to be able to maintain a degree of comfort should be assisted.

On that particular issue

Slight rant

As circumstances have panned out

I have been wasting time trying to get some sense from first a manx gas customer services woman and then the customer services 'supervisor'

I have had a raft of crap excuses/waffle from first one then another

The incompetence or just plain disinterest in the customer seems staggering

I would love to let rip but won't as it's now gone as a complaint to one of my MHKs ( ha I'll see how that goes ) to try and resolve as manx gas can't seem to get their act together or be bothered too

It's like trying to open communication with a selection of particularly unimaginative daleks who don't understand english.

I suppose I could have tried communicating in Manx but I can't speak enough to try that.

It's the second time in just over six months I've had to waste time on manx gas

It's the worst customer service I've ever experienced anywhere

the UK definition of fuel poverty is where:-

A household is said to be in fuel poverty if it needs to spend more than 10% of its income on fuel to maintain a satisfactory heating regime (usually 21 degrees for the main living area, and 18 degrees for other occupied rooms).

Chris Robertshaw gave an explanation of why it isn't appropriate for the IOM and his department is going to undertake a review of IOM circumstances.....but at the moment there are no figures or benchmarks to work against.......the review will take a number of weeks and Chris Robertshaw will have to refer to the Treasury Minister before making the results public....

Open Government

homes and large vans?

Quite surprised at Houghton's question - he'll be alienating a lump of his constituency there. Obviously thinks the numbers stack up

There are already regulations. I can't park my privately owned non-commercial van outside my own house during the day.

So I go and park it outside someone else's house and back and forth and back and forth in a stupid game most days of the week like cat and mouse with the traffic wardens.

I wonder what Houghton's question is hoping to achieve?

All very well introducing legislation to control the parking of large vans and motorhomes, but where does he suggest that they are parked? Providing that he has ideas for alternatives I would support him but if not he is advocating a ban which is unacceptable.

I wonder what Houghton's question is hoping to achieve?

All very well introducing legislation to control the parking of large vans and motorhomes, but where does he suggest that they are parked? Providing that he has ideas for alternatives I would support him but if not he is advocating a ban which is unacceptable.

...in a security lit and patrolled fenced compound at Nobles Park where a fee has to be paid....(??)

So it seems the big answer to the Steam Packet situation and their vessels, ever not being available, the Scottish Government recently

decided they want to bring in income. so they will be willing to short term contract out their Island boats and they will be a lot more suitable

for Douglas with their size.

Now we can all rest in out beds.

It's like trying to open communication with a selection of particularly unimaginative daleks who don't understand english.

If you phrased your complaint using the same splenetic incoherence that you employ on here it's no wonder.

So it seems the big answer to the Steam Packet situation and their vessels, ever not being available, the Scottish Government recently

decided they want to bring in income. so they will be willing to short term contract out their Island boats and they will be a lot more suitable

for Douglas with their size.

Now we can all rest in out beds.

Good now just get rid of the blood sucking Portuguese Bank draining the lifeblood out of the island and contract in Caledonian Simples !!!

Archived