Trousers

Tweek

I have had alterations done by the lady in the little shop,next to the back of the Villa gardens in Derby road. She is very good. There is another on Derby Road on the corner to the top entrance to Derby Square.,

He doesn't want to hear about your personal life, he just wants someone to fix his trousers.

It's all down to the bottom line. The P&L line that is, not the seams in the seat.

Go to the US and you can buy Levi jeans, dockers, whatever in any leg length. In the UK they "conventionally" have 29, 31, 33 etc etc. Missing out the even numbers means more profit as you need to hold just half the stock level. Bad luck for even length leg people but there it is.

Incidentally I have noticed these days lot's of blokes with belts incorrectly fastened - clearly their parents used to dress them so they have never learned how to do it correctly. As a man you wouldn't wear a ladies jacket now would you? So remember the rule "Ladies to the Left" which means ladies have the tail of their belt pointing to the left. So naturally men have the tail of their belt pointing to the right.

Incidentally I deliberately used the expression "men" when talking about belted trousers for as we all know a gentleman's clothes ALWAYS hang from the shoulder.

Thanks for that P.K.

So if a man 'dresses' to the left, he's really a woman?

and vice versa?

A man dresses on whichever side is the most comfortable.

But the tail of his belt, should he be wearing one, must dress to the right.

Thanks for that P.K.

So if a man 'dresses' to the left, he's really a woman?

and vice versa?

A man dresses on whichever side is the most comfortable.

But the tail of his belt, should he be wearing one, must dress to the right.

You really do talk some shit.

Archived