Champix...

quilp

And these companies who sell them aren't doing good work. They are out to make money, not help smokers. But you're right, it is a type of drug use that is becoming common and which the government has no hold and control over. It could come under some sort of control, which might not be so bad if its some form of regulation. I can't see it being banned in the UK though. Quite peculiar to the UK, there is a growing body of medical opinion that openly supports its use..

I am cutting out tobacco in 2 stages, I have been smoking 60/ day for a long time now so have cut to 20/ day and the Vapour-lites this is still saving me £16+ a DAY! That is a lot of lost revenue in tax too and TBH it has been very easy to do, again because of these new e-cigs.

That is why I think they will tax them at some point because once hardened smokers realise that it is a very similar sensation and no withdrawal then tobacco sales will really plummet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am cutting out tobacco in 2 stages, I have been smoking 60/ day for a long time now so have cut to 20/ day and the Vapour-lites this is still saving me £16+ a DAY! That is a lot of lost revenue in tax too and TBH it has been very easy to do, again because of these new e-cigs.
Why do you feel you can't use just the e-cig? Have you tried champix or zyban yet?

http://www..thesmokersangel.com

Forgo the cheaper e-cigs and pay a bit more.

In the past, my skepticism regarding the efficacy of e-cigs prevented my trying them out. I smoke 12.5 grams of Golden Virginia, equal in blood gas levels to 20 medium tar, filtered cigs, per 24hr period and'm getting wheezier year on year. The fear of failure has stopped me from even attempting to quit, previously.

Got one of the more expensive ones, from the above. It has all the taste and burn of tobacco but obviously none of the more obnoxious and deadly by-products.

From the start, the first day, my tobacco intake halved. When the hourly craving would start, i took a few hoots on the e-cig and the craving ceased.

Currently reducing my actual tobacco intake by half again.

They work fo me.

Why do you feel you can't use just the e-cig? Have you tried champix or zyban yet?

I will do in the near future but at the moment I still really enjoy the real thing. I did not want to give up smoking but was nagged into giving it a go. Having found the e-cigs really good I will cut out the 20/ day in the next couple of months.

Haven't tried the drugs as a couple of my friends used Zyban and became both ill and dangerous to be around!

I hear lots of smokers say they enjoy fags but it isn't enjoyment.. They're addicted, so what is thought to be enjoyment is just the relief of the addiction. So it isn't enjoyment in the sense of eating a nice piece of cake or drinking something thirst quenching, but just the same as a heroin addict saying they enjoy getting fucked or alcoholic saying they enjoy their white lightning.

I have heard people can get paranoid on it, but not heard of people being dangerous. What about champix? Would you try that?

I will do in the near future but at the moment I still really enjoy the real thing. I did not want to give up smoking but was nagged into giving it a go. Having found the e-cigs really good I will cut out the 20/ day in the next couple of months.

Haven't tried the drugs as a couple of my friends used Zyban and became both ill and dangerous to be around!

Agree 100% with that. I ended up on Steroids after going onto Zyban. My doctor told me that I was quite "lucky" !!!!!!!!. I also heard that at the same time,a local Bobby was in Nobles, following his taking Zyban.

Do not touch it with a barge pole.

I did quit though (8 or so years ago) by using Ni quittin (sp) patches, using double the dose for twice the suggested time. Maybe not reccommended,but it worked for me. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Can you please explain, what did it do for you to go on steroids?

Swollen face mainly, eye brows hanging down over my eyes, lips like an errrrrrrrrrrrr...Africans (can I say that?) and struggling to swallow solids or liquids. Generally felt like death.

Like I said, I was "lucky" in that I just had trouble swallowing, while I believe the policeman in Nobles had trouble breathing. (so I am told).

I suppose it is a case of seeing how you are on these things. I mean, were you taking them for a while or was it from the first tablet? I am taking Zyban now, seriously! And I have had it in the past. Feel fine.

As I remember I felt bad after about 3 days, then went downhill fast. I read that Zyban was first used in the good old US of A as an anti depressant and a side effect was that patients did not feel the need to smoke. The drug was then rebranded as an anti smoking tablet.

I have no way of proving that, but sounds about right.

Good luck anyway.

P.S. I aiso read that about 150 people in Europe had died because of its use. Again I can not prove that but don/t let it worry you.

chris.gif

Allen Carrs Easy Way to Give Up Smoking workshops held regularly on the Isle of Man. Worth the money entirely - well it would of gone

up in smoke anyway. No nicotine replacement or will power required. Very recommended.

+1

my partner went on that course, gave up for over a year and then had a relapse, read his book and has been clean ( and wealthier ) for the last 3 months. he also does a loose weight book too which is getting read at the moment.

I have seen proof that his Easy Way to Give Up Alcohol course works too. Very impressive ! - all with a money back guarantee as well!

Archived