Champix...

quilp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might quit smoking but I doubt he'll ever be off the fags.

You know, I thought that as I pressed the "post" button, but hoped it would not be read that way 'cause I don't think He/She means any harm to anyone. In fact reading theads like the "flu" one, I am beginning to agree with a lot of LDV's posts.

Is it working for you though? Are you off the fags now ?

Not as well as I hoped. I was on zyban mid-year last year and I was off them for two months. But as soon as I came off the zyban and had a bit of a stressful situation I thought I could get away with a few smokes. And that was that.

Been back on them but it hasn't worked as good. Have taken them for about six weeks but only stopped in the last two. It is always the same, if you try something to stop smoking and then it doesn't work I find that if I use that same thing again it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you know that you failed using that so can't really take it seriously to help you stop.

It does have a good effect. If you have taken zyban and have a smoke you don't really get much off the cigarette.

Is it working for you though? Are you off the fags now ?

Not as well as I hoped. I was on zyban mid-year last year and I was off them for two months. But as soon as I came off the zyban and had a bit of a stressful situation I thought I could get away with a few smokes. And that was that.

Been back on them but it hasn't worked as good. Have taken them for about six weeks but only stopped in the last two. It is always the same, if you try something to stop smoking and then it doesn't work I find that if I use that same thing again it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you know that you failed using that so can't really take it seriously to help you stop.

It does have a good effect. If you have taken zyban and have a smoke you don't really get much off the cigarette.

By the time I eventually quit 8 or 9 years ago, I had tried the leading brand of patches ( cant even remember the 4king name now),

the nasal spray, chewing gum, nasal droplets everything. Only ever came close to stopping by using a weaning process, ie cutting down by either 1 or 2 cigs. per day.

Will power,Ii admit, is the main factor, so when I went onto the Ni-quitin patches I really wanted to quit, not just for me, but for my wife and children too.

That was 8 or 9 years ago now ,so I reckon it worked for me.

Vaping is the future for addicted smokers as I see it..............

Stu, the best future is one without cigarettes, real or electronic.

I used to smoke anywhere between 20 to 40 a day and never managed to give up before. Tried gums, patches, e-cigs, the lot...nothing...always went back to the real thing. Until one day here I just decided now's the right moment. That was over six months ago. Simply stopped and never looked back. No idea how and why, really, but it did show me that it's all in your mind. Didn't even have any big cravings like in previous attempts.

Nicotine is out of your body in about 72 hours, so there can't be any physical cravings after that.

I quite liked this: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html showing all the changes that happen after giving up.

I do notice now how obnoxious smoking is, though - but despite that haven't turned into a militant non-smoker yet :)

My wife and I joined Quit 4 you at Loch Prom church (Tuesdays) great advice, help and understanding to what makes you want to smoke or give up, we have now been off them for just over a year (this was only using patches) and I honestly believe it was down to the weekly support. Its free so give it a go!

Archived