Should This Person Take A Toothbrush To Court...

sirstabby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good enough source or do you want me to go all Donal McIntyre and infiltrate the Jurby Hilton myself ?!!

Please do.

Clearly acknowledging you made a stupid statement then Mutley !!!thumbsup.gif

Clearly acknowledging that your dodgy mate and "anecdotal evidence" do not a good source make.

Are you ignoring post #44? Says (to my reading) that half the people there on drugs started them in Jurby. And about half (at least) of the prisoners in Jurby are on drugs there.

Even so I thought #46 was hilarious biggrin.png

It seems to come from inspection here: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/publications/inspectorate-reports/hmipris/other-jurisdiction-inspections/isle-of-man/isle-of-man-oct-2011.pdf

Also, my reading of that is if he is sent there he won't be able to stay on the subutex that he's given by the rehab service now, he'd have to move to methadone which is a gazillion times stronger. Very sensible that!

Good enough source or do you want me to go all Donal McIntyre and infiltrate the Jurby Hilton myself ?!!

Please do.

Clearly acknowledging you made a stupid statement then Mutley !!!thumbsup.gif

Clearly acknowledging that your dodgy mate and "anecdotal evidence" do not a good source make.

Ok so the numerous stories from prisoners and ex prisoners are all bullshit.....the governments report highlighting drug issues in the prison is nonsense, and my friend actually made up a tranquliser addiction and fabricated stories about being offered heroin in prison......all of the above was complete bollocks.......because......you heard it here first....Mutley says so !!

Catch yerself on fella....sometimes its just best to say 'yeah fair enough i made a bit of a stupid statement coz I didnt know what the fuck I was talking about' !!!!

• 2 months later...

In the unlikely event anyone cares, they narrowly avoided immediate prison due to the exceptional advocacy, so I am told, of one John Wright who some manxforums members may have heard of ;) getting ten months suspended for two years and a fine around the grand level.

You'd be surprised, lots of people care. Happy for a positive outcome for your mate.

Same here.

Drug users should be given all possible assistance, drug pushers should be strung up by their goolies. Taking the Swiss approach of machine-gunning dealers (~ 20 years ago) also helps.

Pushers, lol. You've been watching too much Starsky and Hutch. Drugs aren't pushed, that's an establishment myth. They're supplied. You're a square.

Also been 'abroad' since 1986, times have changed. Here drugs are just delivered...

It was the first suspended sentence for production of a class A drug imposed in the IOM since the guidelines in R v Caldwell Camp were issued by the Manx Court of Appeal in 2003, which set the starting tarrif at 18 months immediate custodial, In UK the sentencing for importation is much lower. In fact all other production cases since Caldwell Camp have resulted in immediate imprisonment, as far as i am aware

Archived