Should This Person Take A Toothbrush To Court...

sirstabby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sack the whole rehab idea only one person can get you off drugs and that's yourself. Same goes for drink all these people running off to the authorities because they've got themselves addicted to 'whatever' grow some and do yer turkey. That goes for you too Cret, you know it is a problem and you know there is only one way of sorting it, it will not be easy, maybe try cannabis for the pain relief, it is not addictive and you only need .1g (not enough to get you high) to have an effect on pain - Tramadol is nasty, I will have a chat to my friend who came off it and see if he's any handy hints, I do know he passed out a couple of times when coming off it.

You don't seem to me to be the kind to be taken in by propaganda LDV but it seems you have been. The dose of cannabis recommended would not do anything except relieve pain, its quite hard to get but there seems to be an increase in places selling it on the net - the authorities (and people) need to get over the 'Reefer madness' mentality.

You don't mind sit with a spliff? Cannabis does mess up the head for many people. It isn't propaganda! But if you are saying that a very small dose sorts out pain then that it something to discuss with the doctor. Not worth taking the risk of obtaining it for regular use.

This forum is fucking weird.

In my, albeit short, time reading this forum:

Addiction isn't a real medical problem that requires treating. ADHD isn't real, it's just crazy kids. Depression isn't real. Cannabis never causes schizophrenia to develop in the genetically susceptible.

I mean really. Why do you all disbelieve years of research?

theBees, are you saying that cannabis does not cause mental health issues in some people and is something that has been fabricated?

You should know that it isn't true. I know it isn't true. It does have very serious and non-serious negative effects on a lot of people.

You don't seem to me to be the kind to be taken in by propaganda LDV but it seems you have been. The dose of cannabis recommended would not do anything except relieve pain, its quite hard to get but there seems to be an increase in places selling it on the net - the authorities (and people) need to get over the 'Reefer madness' mentality.

I agree with LDV, I've seen it..

the feckers at the hospital gave me Tramadol with no warning of dependency or anything else and they gave me loads to begin with, I kept going back for more and was given more, no one asked why...in the end I tried to just stop taking them and no matter what I did to wear myself out during the day (some days I'd walk for 15 odd miles) I could not get to sleep as I would be going "cold turkey", so after seven weeks of no sleep and going insane....

Can sympathise with that.

I've been having tramadol for a few years steadily now for constant back pain, and the vast majority of the time it's fine - ie it eases the pain to make it mostly able to be ignored, doesn't generally make me feel bad or have any other particularly noticeable effects etc.

BUT, if I go out somewhere for the day and then find I've forgotten to take any with me it's a different matter. Sure I get worse pain from not having the pain relief it gives but it results in shocking cravings to have the 'overdue' dose, and just generally feeling pretty horrific all round really. Hard to describe but I really wouldn't wish it on anyone.

It's a bit saddening to know that I'm reliant on something like this, but on the plus side apart from occasions like that, it really does make things tolerable instead of miserable. Part of what annoys me though is the fact that after initially being given this medicine some years ago now, I googled it and found tons of horror stories of addiction to it. I mentioned this to my GP who assured me that it's fine and that sort of thing isn't really a risk (or words to that effect). Utter cadswallop, and I sort of suspected that was the case at the time but I was just glad to have something that made day to day life less painful, and largely still am glad.

But I dread the day when I might have to stop taking it for whatever reason, having had a taste of what that's like from time to time.

Don't dread it, I'll check with my GP what I used and get back to you.

A couple of months in the Jurby hotel will help get him off whatever he's on.

Because there are no drugs at all in prison...........whatever.gif

Probably come out with worse addictions than when he went in.

Really? Source for this information?

There was a wider issue with drugs in the prison. Half the prisoners in our survey said they had

a drug problem when they came into the prison and 20% said they had developed a drug

problem in the prison. Forty-eight per cent said they thought they would have a problem with

drugs when they left. The range of drug treatments offered was not sufficiently flexible and the

clinical review procedure was poor. Procedures for the administration of medication were weak

and allowed abuse. Other supply reduction measures also needed to be improved.

Last inspection March 2011

A couple of months in the Jurby hotel will help get him off whatever he's on.

Because there are no drugs at all in prison...........whatever.gif

Probably come out with worse addictions than when he went in.

Really? Source for this information?

Well asides from anecdotal evidence of drugs in prison which is extremely common and widespread, I know factually about one of my friends who was given a jail sentence for possession of recreational drugs that there is no scientific evidence have any addictive properties at all.

Whilst in jail he was offered much harder very addictive drugs on more than one occasion, and on leaving jail he found himself with a fairly serious tranquiliser addiction. having never used them before but being provided with them by the authorities.

Good enough source or do you want me to go all Donal McIntyre and infiltrate the Jurby Hilton myself ?!!

Archived