Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

Is anyone willing to stand in the dog shit issue?

Seems to me most people vote for the person they think will stop dogs shitting on the street.

The real work can't start till that crap is cleared up :-) World poverty can be solved before elevenses. But dog shit just never stops.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are interested lets get the ball rolling.

There is no effective opposition to the current Government.

The Lib vans have been bought and offer no credible voice in tynwald now they are part of the rainbow alliance.

A spokesman and a few members with political experience would be required. Together with any member of the public that wants a change from the

set up we have now.

If only twenty people get involved it would be enough to start and send a message to the Chief Minister that we have had enough.

Until this happens they will carry on as if all is well.

The PAG groups and such again offer no credible opposition just the occasional murmur.

Do you care about your Island?

If so dont wait until they have spent all the reserves and your children have no future.

It's not the Govt you need to lobby it's the electorate and then the UK Govt. Surely you'll manage to get a candidate in every constituency at the very least for the next IOM election in 2016.

The IOM is traditionally apathetic but good luck. Especially with the MoJ in the UK..

Seriously malokin.

The Isle of Man only has about 85k residents. Maybe 65k voters.

Forgive me for the inaccuracy of my numbers....

The electorate elect 24 MHKs to Tynwald. On top of that there are 4 town districts, five village districts and fifteen parishes. That makes 24 elected bodies of commisioners.

The Isle of Man must be one of the easiest places in the world to be elected to Government (on paper anyway). You only need a couple of hundred of your facebook friends to vote for you and your in.

Do you have a manifesto? Do you have a great plan to take IOM PLC to world dominance rolleyes.gif

I mean, lets be realistic. If we got a good Government what would we have left to moan about? Imagine the disruption it would cause if we had different world leaders popping in to see the Cheif Minister every other week.

Edit to add: Could Air Force One (The Jumbo I mean) land at Reynoldsway International? And if so, would we need an even bigger fence?

Seriously malokin.

The Isle of Man only has about 85k residents. Maybe 65k voters.

Forgive me for the inaccuracy of my numbers....

The electorate elect 24 MHKs to Tynwald. On top of that there are 4 town districts, five village districts and fifteen parishes. That makes 24 elected bodies of commisioners.

The Isle of Man must be one of the easiest places in the world to be elected to Government (on paper anyway). You only need a couple of hundred of your facebook friends to vote for you and your in.

Do you have a manifesto? Do you have a great plan to take IOM PLC to world dominance rolleyes.gif

We need to lose a bit of weight and to me, there's far too many branches and foliage and like the old idiom, you can't see the wood for the trees. A bit of thinning out is called for and that's throughout the various departments and who knows, maybe this is why they're having voluntary redundancies at the moment. (I do hope that the posts aren't refilled as that wouldn't help the situation)

So start at the top, MHK's MLC's Executive this/that and the other, have retirements, voluntary redundancy etc, decide what we actually need, what we couldn't do without and then look at each area with objective eyes. Do we need so many departments, so many offices, so many vehicles, so many forms, accountability, performance related forms ............ etc... etc... etc.

Probably the hardest part would be to get rid of the old trees that like adding a new branch here and there, so that it's roots feel a little safer. That said, pruning is ok, but cut too deep and the tree will rot and that won't do anyone, any good at all.

We need a government of savvy honest incorruptable members and not a bunch of gullable twits who are easy prey for predators such as christ and prof, how could that be achievable? I have no idea but I am sure some of the posters on here will.

It's easy. You get elected. That is the whole point of democracy :-)

If you want it to change, you need to do it yourself. If you don't feel a strong enough need to do it, then someone else will stand and be elected.

The great thing about democracy of course, is that all elected people become targets for criticisim as soon as they accept office. And there is not a lot they can do about it. Because at the end of the day they need the popular vote.

Thanks Alan.

Im greatfull for your intelligent and witty input into a serious issue.

However back to the subject in hand ive had some feedback and if anyone else wants to become involved please pm me.

Why should I pm you?

Are you trying to create another back room club?

If you have a policy and manifesto, then make it public.

Thank you Alan

You say you are working in China its a little late to be up posting at 1am.

I didnt ask you to PM me as stated im looking for people with political experience or intelligence on a serious issue.

Unfortunately you dont appear to fall into either catagory.

Maybe there was a reason your work permit did not get renewed.

Back on subject please.

Archived