Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

It really is time to stand up to those in supposed power in the Isle of Man

How much longer will the public stand back nd watch nurseries and old peoples homes be closed down while the

fat cat Civil Servants give themselves pay rises.

They treat the public with distain for example giving away fishing rights on public land for a pittance to an old boys

club as if we still live in the victorian era.

Time and time again we see scandals brushed under the carpet :

Mount Murray

IRIS

MEA

Hospital

Criminal activities covered up by Ministers to which the public have a right to know about.

All that is needed is a group of like minded people who would be prepared to demonstrate on a regular basis outside the

House of Keys.

Anyone who would be interested in forming such a group PM me.

The cuts have not started yet , but you can be assured worse is to come while those elected sit on the gravy train

refusing to pay a proper amount into their pensions , while taking a nice bonus from the Chief Minister for a Minister role

that he awarded them all to keep them all in line.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*pulls up a chair*.

I wish you well with this mulokin. I too believe the cuts have only just started.It's not only the pay rises of civil servants that are distasteful, it's also the benefits if they 'have' to go. Someone I know recently got a redundancy notice having worked in a non CS gov post for a couple of decades.Their redundancy payment was a fraction of what would have been the case if on CS terms. The more of this sort of thing that comes to light, the more people will get angry and I bet it will start to include people who don't normally get angry, like me.

Thank you BB.

While we have seen lone voices on the Isle of Man repeatedly ignored by the Government a more joined up approach would make any opposition

stronger.

Any persons that have documents to prove that the current Government is unfit for purpose can be collected together and produced to the

United Kingdom Ministry Of Justice.

An opposition group could organise regular demonstrations against the current Government.

Although the idea will be ridiculed by some clever posters.

It is time for action or watch the standard of living in the Isle of Man be destroyed by the Civil Service salary.

To be an effective opposition to the government you need to have an alternative proposal for all the things you are saying the current government are doing wrong.

Anyone can just say we dont like the way its being done, the hard bit is the practical alternative.

The loss of nearly 1/3 rd of our income is the main problem I see, so have you got a practical way of replacing that money?

Laying off 2,000 CS/ PS workers is not a practical proposal, you may disagree. Can you explain what your practical proposals plans are to the board please.

Thank you Blade Runner.

My proposal would be to not give the Civil Servants the raise they just recieved and reduce the salary across the board by 10 percent.

The only exeptions to the above would be Teachers and Front line Health Service Workers.

The others would not be able to command their current salary anywhere in Europe so why should they recieve it here.

I would then propose that all elected MHKS have to pay the current amount into their pensions that they expect the Civil Servants to pay. Surely

this is only fair if we are all in this together.

I would then propose that LEGCO be disbanded it serves no purpose other that giving obscene amounts of money to well connected people

that got in because of contacts in the club.

I also believe the MHKS should be accountable to the public that elected them. At present this is not happening.

Although the idea will be ridiculed by some clever posters.

I'm reasonably confident that the idea will be ridiculed by some very unclever posters as well.

Before you can start claiming "unfit for purpose" you first have to define what that purpose is. Then you need to create measurements around that purpose so you can then score how well/ how crap they are doing against their targets. You then analyse the results and when we've all stopped laughing realise that they are totally unaccountable to anyone but their own consciences.

I believe Tynwald is an anachronism that needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world. But it's structure means that change can only come from within. Can you see anyone voluntarily jumping off the gravy train that they've created for themselves?

Neither can I....

Once the money has run out - and that time is in sight for anyone once they put the rosy spectacles of hope down for a while - there will be only one choice and that is become a county of England, Nortern Ireland and Wales (assuming the swetties have foolishly gone their own way by then).

What we are starting to see now is a case of grab as much money as you can while you can by whatever method you can. Some people are stepping off the gravy train early with their wheel barrow of cash, others are going for the duration. It will get very messy for the lower echelons of our society long before the fat cats who are feathering their nests even feel a nip

Yes, sensible proposals, how to get them done then? This is where the demonstrations come in then?

I genuinely wish you well, keep us informed, you could do with a chat with Paul Moulton on MTV, that may gather support.

Oh and as I have said on the moon thread have a look at the post about a court case, that is shocking if proven.

Once the money has run out - and that time is in sight for anyone once they put the rosy spectacles of hope down for a while - there will be only one choice and that is become a county of England, Nortern Ireland and Wales (assuming the swetties have foolishly gone their own way by then).

What we are starting to see now is a case of grab as much money as you can while you can by whatever method you can. Some people are stepping off the gravy train early with their wheel barrow of cash, others are going for the duration. It will get very messy for the lower echelons of our society long before the fat cats who are feathering their nests even feel a nip

I dont think it would get that bad Theo, just think back about 20years ago when we had little money, the place still functioned. We had second hand busses and the DoT as it was, had old wagons and a lot less people worked in the civil service, things took a long time.

Something like that may have to happen again but we will get by as so long as we have low taxes some people will want to live or domicile their businesses here. If we joined the UK we would lose the tax advantage ands then the place would turn into a ghost town.

Maybe the UK gov could then turn it into a prison like Alcatraz with the Irish Sea the natural perimeter fence and the few locals left working as the warders, living rent free in the still quite new Bell Mansion Houses built in the 2011-2019 period but never sold?

....................................... - there will be only one choice and that is become a county of England, Nortern Ireland and Wales........................................

Yeah..... an Independent Scotland it would seem.

Direct action is easy. Pay your deposit and stand for election.

And hold the politicians to account at the ballot box. That's supposed to be how it works anyway.

....................................... - there will be only one choice and that is become a county of England, Nortern Ireland and Wales........................................

Direct action is easy. Pay your deposit and stand for election.

And hold the politicians to account at the ballot box. That's supposed to be how it works anyway.

Gets my vote

Archived