Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

Government itself will start to implode soon. The only reason it exists in its current form is that it pays over the odds to keep bus drivers and lower ranking civil servants quiet. With what is going on now government will tear itself apart aided by angry government workers who wont keep their gobs shut anymore as they aren't being paid over the odds to keep their gobs shut. Its all been a little bit of a ponzi scheme to buy favouritism in the last 20 years. Once you cant buy that favouritism through inflated salaries, pensions, and overtime etc you have to live with the consequences.

What more can we expect. This country is Cuba in the Irish Sea - its only the state employed instruments of state on their inflated salaries that have kept the status quo. Piss them off or jeopardise their jobs and the wheels will fall off your political agenda big style.

Erm.

Nop.

Cuba is doing rather well in terms of Marxist theory. Best education and health care in latin America and all that. Low wages of course. But they do rather put America to shame on the happy index. Just my subjective opinion of course.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MDO, A phrase used by the smug rich and greedy on the Isle of Man is "if you don't like it get elected to the House of Keys and change it"

So just maybe, with a huge amount of effort, a large group of like minded people could get a candidate elected into the House of Keys.

One voice amongst 24, or 33 in Tynwald, will make no difference.

A phrase used by the smug rich and greedy on the Isle of Man is "if you don't like it get elected to the House of Keys and change it"

So just maybe, with a huge amount of effort, a large group of like minded people could get a candidate elected into the House of Keys.

One voice with popular backing can change it. It's the popular backing that is the problem.

A phrase used by the smug rich and greedy on the Isle of Man is "if you don't like it get elected to the House of Keys and change it"

One voice with popular backing can change it. It's the popular backing that is the problem.

Bollocks. The problem is currently institutional .. if you can't change the institution you can't change anything.

If you read the thread, you will see that that point has been conceded by the person who organised it. Doingg something is better than doing nothing.

The thread has over 1700 hits and 5 pages, in 12 hours on a slow manxforums Sunday. That is not bad.

(Although I reckon many of those hits will be from the media looking to make-up a story so they can make up some "news".)

I dont have all the answers all i know is this Island is rotten to the core.

We need a voice that can ask questions regarding cinimax and other important subjects and not be brushed off by some faceless civil servant.

We dont have that at present all the MHKS dont want to rock the boat or their nice little Ministerial bonus.

A new approach is needed to make these people accountable or they will destroy Island life as we know it.

The public have a right to know whats going on the fact that Alan Bell repeatedly refused to give us the Freedom Of Information Act speaks volumes .

If you are serious, you will launch a manifesto and stand for election. That's what most normal people do. But let's face it, times are tough and getting tougher, but then again most of us still have jobs and can just about afford to feed the family. Its not all bad but I look forward to reading your plans for the new order Chairman !

Mulokin, there's plenty of talk, but I'm yet to see what you wish to do.

If for one second, that all the MHK's resign and you have full control of the Isle of Man, what exactly would you do?

Is anyone willing to stand in the dog shit issue?

Seems to me most people vote for the person they think will stop dogs shitting on the street.

The real work can't start till that crap is cleared up :-) World poverty can be solved before elevenses. But dog shit just never stops.

I feel sorry for any poster on these forums who feels passionate about, well, anything. Especially something as important as our collective national wellbeing.

Out of the woodwork will crawl all those who feel that a 'clever' response is needed. Very rarely is that response any more than from someone who feels the need to impress us all with their 'fabulous sense of....humour' (sic).

With this kind of oh so clever reparte, is it any wonder that those who have political power, reading Manx Forums, feel the need to take any of our serious posters.....seriously.

Well done dickheads.

Is anyone willing to stand in the dog shit issue?

Seems to me most people vote for the person they think will stop dogs shitting on the street.

The real work can't start till that crap is cleared up :-) World poverty can be solved before elevenses. But dog shit just never stops.

I'd ban dogs. No dogs, no dogshit. Easy.

I would do a £500 per dog licence. A chip on their collar with a full DNA profile. The DNA profile would of course be at the owners expense. Pretty much in the same way the Government are charging job applicants for background checks.

So SarahC, between us we have put forward two proposals to solve the shit problem.

It would not be a popular vote of course.... but hey that's democracy.

Should we give dog warden's guns too?

If I was elected I would appoint MDO as cheif dog warden. And I would issue him an enforcement gun.

That would give us time to think of the serious business of jobs and all that.

I'd shoot all cats and Scots - just about as sensible as your suggestion : )

PS Anyone know when shooting Scots on sight was dropped from our legislation?!

My thoughts exactly Sentinence.

The reasoning behind trying to show a few posters that you are so witty and amusing on a serious thread is to be pitied more than ridiculed.

However something has to be done and any other like minded public who are fed up of no accountability with our current elected politicians and their waste of the reserve fund please get in touch, to arrange a meeting.

A voice is needed to get answers of the current MHKS asof now they can refuse to tell the public anything , even if its a major issue.

I dont accept this to be how a open and accountable Government should be.

Archived