Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Alan

You say you are working in China its a little late to be up posting at 1am.

I didnt ask you to PM me as stated im looking for people with political experience or intelligence on a serious issue.

Unfortunately you dont appear to fall into either catagory.

Maybe there was a reason your work permit did not get renewed.

Back on subject please.

I don't need a work permit for the Isle of Man.

Are you allowed out without your social worker?

Seriously, if you intend standing for Government, you need to be able to take the rough with the smooth :-)

Where did i say i intended to stand for government?

You have previously posted you had to leave for china as you couldnt get a work permit in the Isle of Man.

I suggest you stop dreaming you are working in China and get a reality check.

However back on topic please.

Blocked Alan the inbicile.

Is anyone willing to stand in the dog shit issue?

Seems to me most people vote for the person they think will stop dogs shitting on the street.

The real work can't start till that crap is cleared up :-) World poverty can be solved before elevenses. But dog shit just never stops.

I'd ban dogs. No dogs, no dogshit. Easy.

Government itself will start to implode soon. The only reason it exists in its current form is that it pays over the odds to keep bus drivers and lower ranking civil servants quiet. With what is going on now government will tear itself apart aided by angry government workers who wont keep their gobs shut anymore as they aren't being paid over the odds to keep their gobs shut. Its all been a little bit of a ponzi scheme to buy favouritism in the last 20 years. Once you cant buy that favouritism through inflated salaries, pensions, and overtime etc you have to live with the consequences.

Where did i say i intended to stand for government?

You have previously posted you had to leave for china as you couldnt get a work permit in the Isle of Man.

I suggest you stop dreaming you are working in China and get a reality check.

However back on topic please.

Blocked Alan the inbicile.

If you are not planning on standing for election then what do you think you will achieve?

Protests outside Twnwald may get you in the paper but you will have no power to do anything.

You need to be elected to have power to change the island, this is a democracy after all.

Are you suggesting some form of civil unrest?

That will achieve jack zero and you will probably end up in jail.

Is anyone willing to stand in the dog shit issue?

Seems to me most people vote for the person they think will stop dogs shitting on the street.

The real work can't start till that crap is cleared up :-) World poverty can be solved before elevenses. But dog shit just never stops.

I would do a £500 per dog licence. A chip on their collar with a full DNA profile. The DNA profile would of course be at the owners expense. Pretty much in the same way the Government are charging job applicants for background checks.

So SarahC, between us we have put forward two proposals to solve the shit problem.

It would not be a popular vote of course.... but hey that's democracy.

Should we give dog warden's guns too?

If I was elected I would appoint MDO as cheif dog warden. And I would issue him an enforcement gun.

That would give us time to think of the serious business of jobs and all that.

Nop. I am a Manx worker apparently.

Do you have an agenda yet, beyond letter bombs and anthrax threats ? whatever.gif

Wow, first ever time I have used that wanking thing........

Edit to add: Disclaimer. Of course you have never made any threats. My statement above is for theatrical affect only. But you have already declared me an imbicile. Therefore I would assume any post I make would be inadmissable in a court of law, on account of me being an imbecile. Your word not mine.

You have an interesting recruitment strategy.

Please send me a pamphlet.

I would do a £500 per dog licence. A chip on their collar with a full DNA profile. The DNA profile would of course be at the owners expense. Pretty much in the same way the Government are charging job applicants for background checks.

So SarahC, between us we have put forward two proposals to solve the shit problem.

It would not be a popular vote of course.... but hey that's democracy.

Should we give dog warden's guns too?

If I was elected I would appoint MDO as cheif dog warden. And I would issue him an enforcement gun.

That would give us time to think of the serious business of jobs and all that.

Ya fucking liberals. I'd force all dog owners to stove their own dogs' heads in with a block of wood. Or get deported. And then I'd fine them a large sum in lieu of inevitable previous shit offences.

Ya fucking liberals. I'd force all dog owners to stove their own dogs' heads in with a block of wood. Or get deported. And then I'd fine them a large sum in lieu of inevitable previous shit offences.

Where do you deport a Manxman to PL?

You and your half baked political ideas.

Rather than repeated demo's outside tynwald, how about the formation of a credible opposition party to stand at the next election.

Its sounds like a eutopian ideal, but I like the idea if a referendun party that holds public votes on key issues.

I think a referendun party sounds like it would be full of dyslexics......

On a more serious note, has a referendum system ever worked anywhere? I mean given the choice of paying more tax or less and looking after pensioners or letting them freeze the answers would be pretty easy to forecast but would the island or anywhere for that matter be able to pay for these populist decisions? Didnt California have something like this and its now in more debt than Greece?

The whole point of electing politicians is that they are supposed to look at the bigger picture, letting everyone vote for most choices a country has to make would be disastrous, look who we elected last time as an example of why we cant be trusted with more individual say in things.

Once the money has run out - and that time is in sight for anyone once they put the rosy spectacles of hope down for a while - there will be only one choice and that is become a county of England, Nortern Ireland and Wales (assuming the swetties have foolishly gone their own way by then).

What we are starting to see now is a case of grab as much money as you can while you can by whatever method you can. Some people are stepping off the gravy train early with their wheel barrow of cash, others are going for the duration. It will get very messy for the lower echelons of our society long before the fat cats who are feathering their nests even feel a nip

I agree with the above and a reduction of VAT (over which we have no say) to say 15 per cent (resulting in a loss of 25 per cent of such income) and the burgeoning debt that is being daily increased to cover the CS pensions will get us there quickly. Where we were in financial problems previously we had options.....lower tax, attract residents business etc. These times have gone and both over regulation (as exercised here) and change in acceptability of offshore services will never allow us to find such sustaining different sources of income again.......

I believe that we will become part of England, we will see population decrease by up to a half, we will see transport and other necessities subsidised by the EU to keep some sort of population on the island............the only question is when?

Good luck with the demonstrations but believe it will all be too little too late..............

is that a bad thing? Cheaper transport and fuel, cheaper housing, less traffic, less need for a huge police force.....em sounds good if you are a pensioner!!!

But this thread has proven a point. ( I must add it's a very good first thread for a new member flowers.gif )

Dog shit is number one in Manx politics.

Forget an October revolution or a velvet revolution. Put your pitchforks back in the shed.

Lets all sharpen our pooper scoopers and head towards Tynwald, with blazing white dog poo torches.

Once that's sorted we can get down to the serious stuff.........such as cats digging up daffidol bulbs..

Archived