Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

I support you 100% mulokin. I tried to start something similar last year with the occupy movement - it fell flat on its arse. The problem was there was no consensus on the issues and solutions that people could get on-board with. I think the only solution would be as a group to vote (direct democracy) and create an "official" stance. We would need to agree that we support all the decisions even if we do not individually support some of them.

A single person standing for election won't change anything even if they did get in. At the very least, we need a majority party to force the policies through. At that point we could form a referendum based government as dave1978 suggests. So individual issues aside, do we wait until the next general election? I fear it will be too late if we wait, we need to force a general election as soon as we have enough people. I do think protests will draw the public eye, and hopefully they will join us. I see no other choice.

I suggest everyone interested in this thread agree on a meeting somewhere - these types of threads get derailed very quickly. I'm free all week in the evenings - based in Douglas. I suggest a pub :P

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed we will make a venue and date to meet.

If you are still in contact with anyone who joined the occupy movement please let them know.

While the subject is amusing for some.

I wont stand back and watch the current elected parliment spend the rest of the reserves while protecting their cosy little nest eggs.

The time for an effective opposition is now before the current Chief Minister lands the public with debts that it will never be able to repay.

The time for an effective opposition is now before the current Chief Minister lands the public with debts that it will never be able to repay.

The time for effective opoisition was at the elections last year.

How can we vote for you if there is no election?

Agreed we will make a venue and date to meet.

If you are still in contact with anyone who joined the occupy movement please let them know.

While the subject is amusing for some.

I wont stand back and watch the current elected parliment spend the rest of the reserves while protecting their cosy little nest eggs.

Good luck and by the way we already have large debts, so maybe you are a bit late.

I dont have all the answers all i know is this Island is rotten to the core.

We need a voice that can ask questions regarding cinimax and other important subjects and not be brushed off by some faceless civil servant.

We dont have that at present all the MHKS dont want to rock the boat or their nice little Ministerial bonus.

A new approach is needed to make these people accountable or they will destroy Island life as we know it.

The public have a right to know whats going on the fact that Alan Bell repeatedly refused to give us the Freedom Of Information Act speaks volumes .

We need a voice that can ask questions regarding cinimax and other important subjects and not be brushed off by some faceless civil servant.

We dont have that at present all the MHKS dont want to rock the boat or their nice little Ministerial bonus.

A new approach is needed to make these people accountable or they will destroy Island life as we know it.

The public have a right to know whats going on the fact that Alan Bell repeatedly refused to give us the Freedom Of Information Act speaks volumes .

If you are serious, you will launch a manifesto and stand for election. That's what most normal people do. But let's face it, times are tough and getting tougher, but then again most of us still have jobs and can just about afford to feed the family. Its not all bad but I look forward to reading your plans for the new order Chairman !

I think we would all like to know more about cinimax,like what relevance has it to the Isle of Man?

Enjoy your pint and chat,but if you're going to challenge Govt make sure your references are well researchedthumbsup.gif

Government itself will start to implode soon. The only reason it exists in its current form is that it pays over the odds to keep bus drivers and lower ranking civil servants quiet. With what is going on now government will tear itself apart aided by angry government workers who wont keep their gobs shut anymore as they aren't being paid over the odds to keep their gobs shut. Its all been a little bit of a ponzi scheme to buy favouritism in the last 20 years. Once you cant buy that favouritism through inflated salaries, pensions, and overtime etc you have to live with the consequences.

What more can we expect. This country is Cuba in the Irish Sea - its only the state employed instruments of state on their inflated salaries that have kept the status quo. Piss them off or jeopardise their jobs and the wheels will fall off your political agenda big style.

Archived