Making A Stand Against Isle Of Man Government

mulokin

Just to refresh the publics memory under the current Chief Ministers regime he has:

Stopped free Pre-School

Gambled 25 million of our reserves

Not given us the Freedom Of Information Act Yet Again

Given Civil Servants a pay rise in the face of an unprecedented time when the Island lost hundreds of millions a year in the VAT deal.

Not forced the current MHKS to pay into their gold plated pensions

This is the same man who an independant report into the mount murray scandal said he "knowingly misled the House of Keys"

And this is the man that you trust to preserve the little left in the reserve fund.

Wake up time the likes of Mr Bell are financially secure no matter what happens on the Island.

Its the people that are left behind when the money runs out that need to stand up and be counted now.

The cuts have not even started yet and the first casualties were OAPS and Children.

The last to be hit will be the Chief Ministers army of over paid Civil Servants.

Do something now lets organise a group to lobby the current Government.

Its your Island if you want to see it destroyed sit back and do nothing.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Alan

You say you are working in China its a little late to be up posting at 1am.

I didnt ask you to PM me as stated im looking for people with political experience or intelligence on a serious issue.

Unfortunately you dont appear to fall into either catagory.

Maybe there was a reason your work permit did not get renewed.

Back on subject please.

So this is your brave new world is it?

Accept my view and don't have one of your own!!

You are Alan Bell and I hereby claim my £5!

You are Alan Bell and I hereby claim my £5 from the reserves!

Fixed!

Same old same old to wit:

"The situation is shite so let's get together and do something about it"

"Great idea. What should we do?"

"I don't know yet but rest assured it will be something..."

I pointed out 71 posts previously that apart from a revolution change to Tynwald can only come from within. That's the issue and that's what needs to be addressed. Everything else is just pie in the sky. Because self-interest rules the day (pensions being the classic "up yours Taxpayer" by the "honourable" members) they will be the very last ones to get off the gravy train they have created for themselves. The only way I can see it happening is if the UK gov dismiss Tynwald which they may be able to do in a crisis. Did it happen in Oz in the seventies or something?

Anyway, good luck with that one....

You don't have to personally have an answer to a problem to think the government has made a few bad choices recently. Some politicians here appear to think they can do what they like. If you believe that and don't like it, then protesting is a reasonable thing to do.

I've heard that the (then) education minister was given plenty of alternatives to the recent front line cuts yet steadfastly refused to consider any of them. I wasn't there at the time but having heard some of the pearls he's come out with recently, I believe it.

Is it any wonder this island is falling further and further down the toilet?? Someone wants to get off their arse and try and do something, anything, to attempt to try and stir up a bit of passion and the intellectual elite of the rock pop up and shoot him/her down.

It really is full of sad b*stards.

You are Alan Bell and I hereby claim my £5 from the reserves!

Fixed!

Same old same old to wit:

"The situation is shite so let's get together and do something about it"

"Great idea. What should we do?"

"I don't know yet but rest assured it will be something..."

I pointed out 71 posts previously that apart from a revolution change to Tynwald can only come from within. That's the issue and that's what needs to be addressed. Everything else is just pie in the sky. Because self-interest rules the day (pensions being the classic "up yours Taxpayer" by the "honourable" members) they will be the very last ones to get off the gravy train they have created for themselves. The only way I can see it happening is if the UK gov dismiss Tynwald which they may be able to do in a crisis. Did it happen in Oz in the seventies or something?

Anyway, good luck with that one....

In the mid-1970s the Queen's representative in Australia, the Australian born Governor General Sir John Kerr, used the constitutional weapon of sacking the then Prime Minister Gough Whitlam when his administration lost the Supply or "Budget Debate" in the Federal Parliament...This in a nutshell was the situation but there was a lot more going on behind the scenes.

By convention at least the Government under the Westminster system as equally applies in the Island must in principle resign and hold an election if it loses "Supply." But Gough Whitlam refused to resign and call a general election and so the Governor General had no choice but to sack him.

One must remember that the Prime Minister is the Queen's First or Prime Minister invited to form a government either by the Queen (in UK) or by the Governor General of such as Australia & etc. The Prime Minister is the Queen's creature...

Australia was in trouble at the time and the government headed by Gough Whitlam was hanging on by the skin of its teeth and the Prime Minister should have sought a new mandate.

Effectively he was cheating so he got sacked! This did not involve the Queen personally but it did in the minds of some set the Crown against the people and the people against the Crown...Unless you were a an Australian version of the Tories and wanted Whitlam out!

"Queen's Are Quaint! Governors General Ain't!" was the slogan....But despite Republicanism nothing so far has changed....Neither I suggest will it change on the Isle of Man viz a viz the Lt Governor who performs much the same function as the Governors General!

Former Chief Minister Richard Corkill I suggest was about to be sacked but resigned in the nick of time but for reasons other than Supply!

The present Administration is fully legitimate. Is in control. Does have authority to govern internally and to utilise reserves if it sees fit.

Unless there is an almighty great collapse then there are no grounds for the Lt Governor to brief London by way of his regular Signal Reports on the mood of the "natives"...and thus no grounds for Britain as sovereign power to interfere or intervene in any way.

The Isle of Man is very far from collapse constitutionally or otherwise!...

As for Sir John Kerr. I seem to recall Australia was not safe for him. Many saw him as a traitor. His life was a misery and he exiled himself to the UK. He was under some threat back home and yet he had done his duty to the Crown and was to some extent cared for in exile.

He died back in Sydney in 1991 and his family spared Australia the controversy of a state funeral by getting the job done and dusted before the official announcement of his death.

Archived