Firewood Suppliers

inspector

I wondered who uses who especially give that the sawmill is shifting reduced quantities due to the insect issue that they have.

I have used both http://www.firewood.im and http://www.windfall.im and found both as good as each other.

Who else is about? I have a chainsaw and an axe so no issues with cutting/splitting. Who sharpens axes by the way?

We really are going through the worlds ponciest recession arent we. 40 years ago your dad went off into a plantation with an axe or a saw when money was short and he needed firewood to heat the house. Now we log on to www.firewood.im and order logs that another man has got by going off into a plantation with an axe or a saw and he brings them to the door in his lorry for a delivery charge! Christ times are hard fella!!!!

I wondered who uses who especially give that the sawmill is shifting reduced quantities due to the insect issue that they have.

I have used both http://www.firewood.im and http://www.windfall.im and found both as good as each other.

Who else is about? I have a chainsaw and an axe so no issues with cutting/splitting. Who sharpens axes by the way?

We really are going through the worlds ponciest recession arent we. 40 years ago your dad went off into a plantation with an axe or a saw when money was short and he needed firewood to heat the house. Now we log on to www.firewood.im and order logs that another man has got by going off into a plantation with an axe or a saw and he brings them to the door in his lorry for a delivery charge! Christ times are hard fella!!!!

Guilty as charged!

In my defence, I always thought we weren't *allowed* to lift wood from the plantations. Believe me, the thought of paying for wood hurts!

. 40 years ago your dad went off into a plantation with an axe or a saw when money was short and he needed firewood to heat the house.

About 30 years ago I was caught doing just that in the plantation by the Clypse resevoir

My advice is to find out who's trees they are first

I'm burning the skirting and laths from recent renovation; how environmentally ace is that? I felt a bit self-conscious though, diving through my own skip to retrieve as much as I could.

How old is the paint on them Gladys? Only mentioning it because my friend told me off for burning some wood with creosote on it because "Are you trying to kill us all?", apparently old paint and creosote are carcinogenic when burned.

I'm burning the skirting and laths from recent renovation; how environmentally ace is that? I felt a bit self-conscious though, diving through my own skip to retrieve as much as I could.

How old is the paint on them Gladys? Only mentioning it because my friend told me off for burning some wood with creosote on it because "Are you trying to kill us all?", apparently old paint and creosote are carcinogenic when burned.

About 130 years old so there will be lead and stuff; I have tried burning paint off it off with a ladies' hot gun, then a blokes' torch - horrible nasty stuff, comes off in thick, sticky layers. But then I put it on the fire and, woof, up the chimbley it goes! I am sure there are tons of nasties there, but as it goes up me flue, it is gone. And, I am pretty sure it does not pollute to the same degree that any pretty ordinary fire would have polluted 20 years ago.

. 40 years ago your dad went off into a plantation with an axe or a saw when money was short and he needed firewood to heat the house.

About 30 years ago I was caught doing just that in the plantation by the Clypse resevoir

Nobody owns nature - the Forrestry Board are just natures caretakers! We used to have so much fun at Christmas using a Landrover as a convienient shopping trolley. Some hard times in the 70's !!

Nobody owns nature - the Forrestry Board are just natures caretakers!

Good point, however the bloke who caught us was a bouncer in his other job and a right hard knock. Any philisophical debate on the true ownership of the planet would have been met with cuts & bruises

We apologised and explained that we had only logged the windfall trees

Noting our absence of any safety kit, our porous clothing and more porous van sinking under the weight of several lengths of tree, he told us to get to fuck, luckily for us

Cheers Tony btw, if you're reading this

Archived