'doctor Admits Webcam Sex Act'

Hermes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid? Yes

Deserves to lose his job and get put in the papers? Not convinced

Are you sure Trumpton ? Doesn't it call into question his professional judgement. The guy is a doctor. I'm sure I, and many other posters, would have lost my job and made the Manx papers in the same circumstances. The GMC obviously take it very seriously and I would think you have to be a very naughty boy to go before them.

....snip...... The guy is a doctor. I'm sure I, and many other posters, would have lost my job and made the Manx papers in the same circumstances....snip....

But he did on both counts didn't he? I remember coverage at the time, although perhaps not with specific details. And he hasn't committed a criminal offence has he, so details wouldn't necessarily be in the public domain.

Stupid? Yes

Are you sure Trumpton ? Doesn't it call into question his professional judgement. The guy is a doctor. I'm sure I, and many other posters, would have lost my job and made the Manx papers in the same circumstances. The GMC obviously take it very seriously and I would think you have to be a very naughty boy to go before them.

I am sure. Reading the section from the article below I really don't think it justifies national press attention and the end of a career.

"He said: "The woman he was dealing with on the internet was a woman he was in a relationship with. She was not a patient.

"He was behind a locked door. He could not have been intruded upon.

"There was no risk of staff, patients or children entering the room and being surprised by what they witnessed."

He said it was an entirely private moment for the enjoyment of one other person."

Just take two teaspoons of this Mrs Jones and you'll be fine!

Will it cure me Doctor?

I don't know ,but it will sure as hell make me feel better!!!!!!!!!w00t.gif

Stupid? Yes

I am sure. Reading the section from the article below I really don't think it justifies national press attention and the end of a career.

"He said: "The woman he was dealing with on the internet was a woman he was in a relationship with. She was not a patient.

"He was behind a locked door. He could not have been intruded upon.

"There was no risk of staff, patients or children entering the room and being surprised by what they witnessed."

He said it was an entirely private moment for the enjoyment of one other person."

I think you're being a bit generous here, and might take a different view if you'd actually seen the webcam video in its full context. People who use these things also need to remember that there's nothing private about them if others choose to see what you're up to.

A webcam chat with someone can be completely private (FaceTime, Skype etc) perhaps, as is the case with nearly everything published in the press we just don't have enough details to pass any real comment.

I still stand by the fact that to my mind, and based on what is published, the punishment seems harsh and a telling off would have been sufficient.

Archived