April Jones

Pierrot Lunaire

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just highlights why we should have Sarahs Law here.

How does it highlight a need for Sarah's Law?

Because nothing stops somebody like that living next door to you?, what's to say the guy responsible for abducting April doesn't move over to the IOM to start a 'new life' in 8 years time etc

Just highlights why we should have Sarahs Law here.

How does it highlight a need for Sarah's Law?

Because nothing stops somebody like that living next door to you?, what's to say the guy responsible for abducting April doesn't move over to the IOM to start a 'new life' in 8 years time etc

Has he offended before? Has there been a suspicion of previous offending?

I can't see how Sarah's Law would have prevented this otherwise?

All Sarah's law does is to encourage mob mentality and lynching. Child abduction and other child offences are not pleasant, in fact they are ultra unpleasant, but so is vigilantism, lynching and taking the law into your own hands.

In most cases it is a close family member or neighbour who has not offended before, so Sarah's law is no help there; and 9 out of 10 the vigilante mob gets the wrong person, so I assume thats OK if you support Sarah's law.

All Sarah's law does is to encourage mob mentality and lynching. Child abduction and other child offences are not pleasant, in fact they are ultra unpleasant, but so is vigilantism, lynching and taking the law into your own hands.

In most cases it is a close family member or neighbour who has not offended before, so Sarah's law is no help there; and 9 out of 10 the vigilante mob gets the wrong person, so I assume thats OK if you support Sarah's law.

Yes. I am all for the guilty getting REAL punishment but I don't believe in this kind of mob gratification. I recall the saintly News of the World "outing" some supposed sex offender who turned out to be the wrong person but this didn't stop him being attacked and his home being trashed, Thoroughly bad idea.

I was watching the live interview with the police on telly at teatime and they were asked if the suspect had previously been in a relationship with a family member, the policeman was non commital, understanderbly, I wonder if this little girl knew this man well, she did get in the car without a fuss. I really do not think this story is going to have a happy ending, I pray I am wrong.

Archived