Paedo-Apocalypse

CrossRoss

53 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well I was astonished that someone could describe the rape of a child as plain vanilla sex.

6 minutes ago, PmJ said:

Especially when that someone is a member of the legal profession. Disgusting.

I don't disagree with either of you, however, the legal professional is paid to defend their client and in these cases that is never going to sit well.  

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goodness was his lawyer really helping his case by saying these things:

There was no plotting, said Richter. No grooming. It was Pell, “stumbling on something without time for reflection”.

Pell was not, as he put his penis in that boy’s mouth, acting as archbishop but only as a man. Mass had finished and that was the only reason Pell was at St Patrick’s.

“The only differential of power is that he is an adult – for reasons inexplicable – with an urge to do what he did,” said Richter. “He is not abusing his position as archbishop but he is abusing his position … as a grown man.”

Richter pointed out helpfully that (if Pell had in fact done anything at all) he exerted “No force greater than was required to achieve penetration.” There were no physical injuries, no ejaculation, no recording of the offences and he did not commit them while on bail or parole. 

This isn’t mitigation. It confirms the monstrous nature of his crimes. I hope he serves a long sentence. 

The lawyer is off his rocker. Maybe he's laying the foundations for an appeal on the grounds of appalling counsel.

The most interesting thing about that case is probably the attempts to keep it quiet from the media, the breaching of injunctions by organisations in other countries and the freedom of the press rather than the plain vanilla catholic priest convicted of child sex abuse.

In a perfect world adults like Pell would be taken  straight after a guilty verdict to a landfill site and executed, and all their worldly goods and those of any dependents be taken by the courts and be used to pay for victim support. As we don’t live in a world with perfect justice we should settle with a life sentence. In this case, it could be, sadly a fairly short sentence, so there should also be some significant punishment visited on the Catholic Church - which enabled his crimes and claims to show remorse. I’d say any church, school, sports club, etc. that can be shown to have enabled and defended paedophiles should me made to display unmissable signs with details of the type of abuse committed by the faithful for at least thirty years. 

23 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

In a perfect world adults like Pell would be taken  straight after a guilty verdict to a landfill site and executed, and all their worldly goods and those of any dependents be taken by the courts and be used to pay for victim support. As we don’t live in a world with perfect justice we should settle with a life sentence. In this case, it could be, sadly a fairly short sentence, so there should also be some significant punishment visited on the Catholic Church - which enabled his crimes and claims to show remorse. I’d say any church, school, sports club, etc. that can be shown to have enabled and defended paedophiles should me made to display unmissable signs with details of the type of abuse committed by the faithful for at least thirty years. 

Think you’ll find the Catholic Church has a history of systematically hiding this kind of abuse

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

That lawyer is priceless. He could get work over here after this. They don't really need a prosecution, just get him to plead the defence. He'll get Pell sent to the chair with that sort of mitigation.

One could only hope

On 2/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, TheTeapot said:

Well I was astonished that someone could describe the rape of a child as plain vanilla sex.

Sounds like a euphemism that it was a white person involved.

I am just shocked to find out that Pell did not realise that what he did was a cardinal sin.

Archived