Onch Main Road

Maxmann

Christ on the proverbial! I've just come through these lights (again) on the main road, Baldrine bound. On the approach they were red, so I started to slow down, but as I was about level with the old bakers which is well short of the lights, they change to green. My route is clear, but experience has taught me to be prepared to stop quickly until I can literally see up Avondale Road. And sure enough, just as I am always expecting THREE cars come through the lights from Avondale Rd. Yes THREE! And at more than a second after I get my green! The first two go right and the third goes left. Shambles! As the relevant clowns seem unable to sort this mess out, might I suggest the government compulsorily purchases the Manx Arms, demolishes it and leaves the site clear so the junction is no longer blind. Unlike the traffic light people whose sight is probably beyond saving.

I've had a similar experience ( but with a couple of cars) coming through when the lights were green my way, but it is not uncommon for one vehicle to apparently jump the red light on Avondale Rd .

I am unable to understand why the powers that be still insist that it is the motorists that are always at fault (and apparently abdicate responsibility ) .

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived