Gta V

When Skies Are Grey

First few hours in....loved the beginning...but the initial phase is a little on the dull side. so much so Ive just ditched the missions and gone for an explore.

Takes a while to get back in tot he GTA feel of the game....the language, the crazy physics of the cars etc....but it looks like it could be a grower....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I am only probably 1 hour in and at lunch today am half thinking do I put gta v on or carry on with far cry 3.

I think i will have to force myself to carry on with gta though so everyone at work cant spoiler the crap out of it.

Couldnt quite understand the point in the strip club or tennis so far. Thought there would be some sort of reward for wasting ten minutes on those places but seems not.

Agree on the slowdown at the start, but I'm still loving it. As with all GTA games I find myself getting sidetracked just lapping up Rockstar's attention to detail in the environment. Had it on with Mrs Slinky sat watching and felt a little 'embarrassed' by the relentless motherfucking swearing all the motherfucking time motherfucker! Sort of distracted from the dialogue some of the time. Within the first 10 mins I had pootled around in a blimp, stolen a lear jet from the airport and had some nice cars garaged already. Found the controls felt weird to start but soon got used to them.

Looks like the missions will open the game up nicely, but like I said I keep getting sidetracked - I was playing a 3 set tennis match for 30 minutes before I had to get a hold of myself and get back into Los Santos and jack a car!!

Couldnt quite understand the point in the strip club or tennis so far. Thought there would be some sort of reward for wasting ten minutes on those places but seems not.

There's quite a lot that's just for kicks, but the tennis also raises your strength and endurance stats, not that they seem particularly important.

Love the stock market stuff, heh. Also easily sidetracked, lost an hour last night to the golf.

It certainly looks amazing...and there is no doubting the scale of the place....both in terms of size and detail....i sat on a building at sunset near an interchange and just watched all the traffic and people going about their business....yes my life is that empty!

The time and budget involved makes the amount of content quite mindblowing. Just little things like overheard conversations or radio snippets etc. It's massive, and there's stuff everywhere. Lots of it doesn't have a point in terms of game progression but really adds to the fact that it's a proper living city. Amazing.

Agree on the swearing and the dialogue - no need for motherfucker this motherfucker that all the time. Adds nothing to it. Still exploring the rest. Turns out you don't get an automatic parachute when you nick a jet. Who knew :)

Agree on the swearing and the dialogue - no need for motherfucker this motherfucker that all the time. Adds nothing to it. Still exploring the rest. Turns out you don't get an automatic parachute when you nick a jet. Who knew smile.png

Didn't get one when I stole a Jet - I just hit the ground with a thud!

If you want a parachute there is one at the top of the mountain cable car. You can base jump from there, or I took a mountain bike in the cable car up to the top and rode off the base jump platform! Found another one at the top of a crane building a massive skyscraper - again more base jumping.

Seems to be a few glitches with saving cars in the garages, few of mine have disappeared and there's reports of it happening to others on some forums.

Seems to be a few glitches with saving cars in the garages, few of mine have disappeared and there's reports of it happening to others on some forums.

Is that because of the impounding? From the book:

"Player characters can own any vehicle in [GTA V] as long they have appropriate storage for it. To purchase a new car they must first own a garage ... If a vehicle is destroyed it will reappear at any residential property that the character owns with a garage (note that this does not include safe houses). If an owned vehicle is lost, stolen or abandoned, it will be impounded. To retrieve impounded vehicles the character must pay a find of $250 and collect the vehicle"

Apparently there's insurance on cars you buy too, but I've not done that yet.

Damn And i've been to the top of that Mountain as well ...I rode up on a Crosser....enjoyed what i have played and again wondered where it was going after the frantic start finished, it just seemed a bit dull and directionless...so took a chance to drive around a bit...but I have 2 guys available now and think I'm about to do a Diamond Heist with lester??? ...so onward and upwards tonight me thinks or i might just go down the pub...

Archived