Feed The Birds.....no More!

thebees

Sick to death of people feeding meningitis-filled pigeons and giant shitehawks. Good on the council.

They can carry about 21 diseases (Encephalitis is one of the top 3) but, so can many other things and as I haven't got you down as a pigeon kisser, you'd probably be ok if they hadn't made the law. Why would other people feeding birds irk someone so?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No feeding pigeons? Thats nothing Bees, up here in Ramsey they have stopped us marrying our immediate relatives with their new fangled By-Laws and oh yes, drying your under-ware in the front garden.

Next thing you know they will ban shell suits and Lycra disco pants, despite the negative effect that will have on businesses like Nightlife.

When were you last in Nightlife? I don't think I've ever seen a shell suited wearer in there (Degsy aside, but he was shell suit bottoms and footy shirt maybe :P)

The law certainly seems like it was aimed at one person. The number of complaints are a lot higher than you think though.

Talk to the shop keepers based around the area near Jabberwocky and there may be the other side of the story waiting for you to hear.

Personally I feel it's sad that certain people are going to face prosecution for one of the few enjoyments they have left, I am sure they think its harmless.

I used to chuckle whilst sitting in Jabberwocky window having a cuppa, at the ways that a certain person would try to conceal the fact they where dropping bird seed from their pockets, this little train of pigeons following then up the street.

I believe a certain person was even barred from Mark & Spencer's, but this could be urban legend..........................

Know what I mean
I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen
(Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house (parklife)
I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives me a sense of enormous well
Being (parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit
Of my heart devoted to it (parklife)

as ducks are birds does that mean we can't go down the arboretum with the stale bread and feed them either??? dumb cunt counsellers!!

Who is a dumb cunt, thinking St Johns would be affected by Douglas byelaws.

The ducks in Tromode are going to be mighty fucked off.

True, enjoy walking down there.

Although I have a feeling that certain Bye Law's only applie in certain areas. I will Double check my email of them.

The thing with this is, why have they made this law? Are the pigeons in Douglas a problem, I do not think so. There is a lovely elderly lady who feeds the birds, the council have already been much harder on her than they have on others regards her property and I strikes me that the bully boys are at it again.

Well they have got form. Still I'm sure we would all agree that the only thing that stops Douglas from looking like an earthly paradise is the pigeons, so obviously they have got nothing else that would be their top priority.

(I suppose I might as well put the comment in the relevant thread, now thebees has started one)

Archived