Feed The Birds.....no More!

thebees

So chucking the birds the end of your M&S sandwich is unlikely to land you in bother, but chucking a whole loaf for the shitehawks to swarm over probably will.

I used to live around the corner from a man who thought the street directly in front of his house was his and his alone. If someone parked there, he would take an entire loaf of bread and put it on the bonnet and roof of the car. As this street was practically on the sea-front, any car he did this to would be immediately covered in scratches and droppings from the fighting shitehawks.

This guy was a real piece of work. He used to take pot-shots at local cats with a BB gun - I know because he got one of mine several times for doing nothing more than sitting on MY garden wall. I often wondered if he hated cats due to his love of shitehawks - they were like his version of flying monkeys. I could just imagine him watching through the upstairs window as shitehawks damaged some poor unsuspecting soul's car, muttering "my pretties!"

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lady near us mass feeds pigeons and gulls, she had a colony in excess of 50 pigeons permanently camped on her roofs and windows, they then proceeded to colonise an unoccupied house , alongside, through broken windows. I called "pest " control who declared they could do nothing except if a building was being colonised, luvely ses me, what will you do? we will write a stiff letter to the owner! What about the mass feedings? nope nothing we can do.

Our house is now in a serious gull colony, people being mobbed by gulls is an everyday occurrence, the noise levels at first light are like constant car alarms going off , all day we have the constant keening of the young for food. as a neighbourhood we are not happy, we are a mile away from the sea cliffs, the gulls natural home.

Feed all the birds you like but please do it in an appropriate area , like the beach, consider your neighbours before you start to create or support an urban gull colony.

sounds like you need a pet hawk?? or a catapult??

So chucking the birds the end of your M&S sandwich is unlikely to land you in bother, but chucking a whole loaf for the shitehawks to swarm over probably will.

I used to live around the corner from a man who thought the street directly in front of his house was his and his alone. If someone parked there, he would take an entire loaf of bread and put it on the bonnet and roof of the car. As this street was practically on the sea-front, any car he did this to would be immediately covered in scratches and droppings from the fighting shitehawks.

This guy was a real piece of work. He used to take pot-shots at local cats with a BB gun - I know because he got one of mine several times for doing nothing more than sitting on MY garden wall. I often wondered if he hated cats due to his love of shitehawks - they were like his version of flying monkeys. I could just imagine him watching through the upstairs window as shitehawks damaged some poor unsuspecting soul's car, muttering "my pretties!"

I have a neighbour like that, he used to phone the police on me each time i parked in front of his house and sell them a story about what an abusive twat i was.

I actually wasnt to start with................no really i wasnt...........now i dont speak to the cunt and every day i pray he falls down the stairs, the poor coppers who came round thinking i was uncle nasty probably wish he would fall down the stairs too.

I have a neighbour like that, he used to phone the police on me each time i parked in front of his house and sell them a story about what an abusive twat i was.

I actually wasnt to start with................no really i wasnt...........now i dont speak to the cunt and every day i pray he falls down the stairs, the poor coppers who came round thinking i was uncle nasty probably wish he would fall down the stairs too.

There should be a bye law to deal with poor spirited territorial twats who make life a misery for others in residential neighbourhoods.

A lady near us mass feeds pigeons and gulls, she had a colony in excess of 50 pigeons permanently camped on her roofs and windows, they then proceeded to colonise an unoccupied house , alongside, through broken windows. I called "pest " control who declared they could do nothing except if a building was being colonised, luvely ses me, what will you do? we will write a stiff letter to the owner! What about the mass feedings? nope nothing we can do.

Our house is now in a serious gull colony, people being mobbed by gulls is an everyday occurrence, the noise levels at first light are like constant car alarms going off , all day we have the constant keening of the young for food. as a neighbourhood we are not happy, we are a mile away from the sea cliffs, the gulls natural home.

Feed all the birds you like but please do it in an appropriate area , like the beach, consider your neighbours before you start to create or support an urban gull colony.

Cant you buy a load of cats?

Or, what about those electric fly fillers you see in butchers, get a big one, wire it to the mains and instead of blue lights have a picture of bread behind the live wires..........................................

Is this for real??? There's a lovely goose in Douglas harbour that I like to chuck bread down to (and the swans) - so you're telling me its now against the law????

What a ****** joke!!!!!

You mean like the corporation?

Real quality! thumbsup.gif

Did you see Monkey boys post? I was speechless for at least half an hour after I read it, I messed up the quote boxes, but here it is :)

"Useless, vermin like creatures with small brains who seem to enjoy shitting on people that feed them from a great height, Douglas Council is the largest of the Island's local authorities."

I watched a lady throw a handful of seed to the pigeons in Lord Street car park,it took 6 of them to eat it in about 2 minutes,not a speck left,at the same time there were a few people standing outside the two pubs in the same area smoking,there was a few stumps left on the ground after they finished,no doubt they are still there.

At the edge of the Car Park near the pay machines there are piles of ciggy butts,been there for weeks,nobody seems to want to clean this up,but there again,which is the most polluting.

maybe the IOM Government haven't really thought this through. Feeding ducks, swans and so on is fine. What they should have done was implemented a "cull" on the f*cking seagulls and pidgeons that start a racket as soon as it starts to get light in the mornings. They are called SEAgulls because they are a sea/cliff inhabitant. When i live 2 miles away from the shoreline and it's like an orgyfest at 5am in a residential area, they should f*ck all that protected species b*llocks and implement a way of "sorting" the problem. Maybe let Juan and the Tangerine Emperor loose with a couple of air rifles at 4am.

Useless, vermin like creatures with small brains who seem to enjoy shitting on people that feed them from a great height, Douglas Council is the largest of the Island's local authorities.

hahaha I've just spat my beer over my laptop I was laughing so much - welcome back Monkey Boy

I watched a lady throw a handful of seed to the pigeons in Lord Street car park,it took 6 of them to eat it in about 2 minutes,not a speck left

Last time i threw a handful of seed at an angry bird I ended up in the back of a police van :-(

I watched a lady throw a handful of seed to the pigeons in Lord Street car park,it took 6 of them to eat it in about 2 minutes,not a speck left,at the same time there were a few people standing outside the two pubs in the same area smoking,there was a few stumps left on the ground after they finished,no doubt they are still there.

At the edge of the Car Park near the pay machines there are piles of ciggy butts,been there for weeks,nobody seems to want to clean this up,but there again,which is the most polluting.

Yes quite, I remember a massive anti butt campaign, loads of money spent on signs to remind people to put their fag ends in the bin (litter is litter and it is all a menace). It's not much use if the by-laws are not upheld, no doubt the wardens will be out in force in known bird feeding offender areas. I mean, really. There are dirty cigarette ends all over the place, no one ever gets done for littering. I might open a sign shop, who knows next pro-active council campaign will be a reminder not to feed the birds. Perhaps they could incorporate the $5million gull somewhere?

Archived