Why Do People Whinge.

WilDDog

The worst protesters I find are people who move here to live, then moan about road closures when living inside the course.

I've personally found it an inconvenience at times but you just get on with it.

Number 1

Why do people move here then whinge about something that's gone on for years and think they can change it?

Number 2.

Why do they buy a house inside The TT course when they know it's going to be partly shut for four weeks of the year?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they move over here thinking that they can teach the locals a thing or two. They are attracted by the simplicity of life on the island or the salary and soon forget what it was that they liked about the place.

I've met plenty of people that moan about the motor sports here and how inconvenient it is. I find it strange that even though they are not from the island, they still feel that they can justify it with crap like "but the rally cars are ruining the roads and the beautiful countryside..."

Too many people think that once they move over, it's their island and they're entitled to moan about how many people are moving to the island and spoiling it. It's also said with the attitude "It wasn't like this when we first came to the island. The government should do something to stop all these people!" WTF?

Just tell them to f**k off back to Burnly and enjoy the countryside that they helped create in England!

Stav.

:o @ Stav

pretty true though.

One day soon such people may well be in the majority on the Island, or at least have the support (read £££s) of a majority of politicians . . .

I love this time of the TT (weekend of Practice week). The TT generates its own massive hype but when it arrives, despite the many vans up at the paddock and racing at Billown etc, it is still relatively quiet.

New people to the Island, and even some who have been here forever seem to wonder what all the fuss is all about . . . . then about mid-week it takes off, with boat loads of bikes hitting the promenade!!!

THAT'S what it is all about.

Yep, I love it!!

Edited to add an article from The Independent UK

TT Article -The Independent 29 May 2005

While I'm here, I thought this was quite a good TT fan's perspective of the TT. A nice little website.

A TT Fan's Website

But even the Pre-TT course goes past front doors and railway crossings. There are bends as sharp as those on the main TT. An unseated rider is likely to find himself hurtling towards a fence or a wall at high speed.

There are two bridges that go over the railway lines, they're not railway crossings!

(And it's probably best to make sure that you're not unseated if you're hurtling towards a fence or a wall at high speed! ;) )

half of the island's train network is driven by steam.

Exactly, it's not as though it the Port Erin 125 is it!

Stav.

Too many people think that once they move over, it's their island and they're entitled to moan

Wat is zis person talking about? Zis is our Island!! //:=)

At least for the next two weeks and I wouldn't want to miss it - TT is still great, even if it means you have to drive a mile or two more to get into town - get over it or get out...

One day soon such people may well be in the majority on the Island,

Sadly, I think we're already there.

Isn't it Manx 49%

Non-Manx 51% ? :(

Although too much is never good, I think without the Non-Manxies and some fresh blood, you'd have a hell of a lot more parking spaces for the people with that orange permit..

And a less skilled workforce...

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...sp?story=642344

More than 200 motorbike racers have died here in the festival's 98-year history,

Rofl, can't they think of anything else to write about except the same old tiresome rant.

I was wondering how many people have died skiing and doing other sports they chose and loved to do over the last 98 years?

It's absolute tosh what people write about the T.T.

Nobody makes the fans with bikes come here, they do it of their own free will because they love it.

Nobody makes the riders come here to race, they come here off their own free will because they love it.

Mission wrote

Getting grief last night were you?

Water off a ducks back m8, but yes.

I'm not Manx but my partner is, we live inside the course and she always moans about the TT and the Classics. It doesn't bother me at all, in fact I quite like the fact that nobody can come and visit when the roads are closed.

I have often wovdered how I would feel if a bike, bikes or bikers came hurtling through my garden at over 100mph though.

I try to avoid using the roads much during the races as I find them dangerous, too many people doing idiotic things, if they want to kill themselves then that is fine but don't put my life in danger thanks.

I would say just as many 'locals' complain about the races as 'comeovers'.

in fact I quite like the fact that nobody can come and visit when the roads are closed.

Heh respect dude.

I try to avoid using the roads much during the races as I find them dangerous, too many people doing idiotic things, if they want to kill themselves then that is fine but don't put my life in danger thanks.

I think the majority will agree with that.

I would say just as many 'locals' complain about the races as 'comeovers'.

I wouldn't say just as many.

I think a lot of locals are inconvenienced from time to time especially if they live inside the course but most have grown up with the road closures and it has become part of life and is accepted.

You got to admit you missed it when the foot & mouth forfeited the islands claim to fame for a year.

Maybe it'll cut the youth gangs for a week or two, who wants to p*ss off gangs off german bikers :P?

Archived