Establishments That Serve Average Burgers With Chips

Rhumsaa

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm yet to find a burger on the Island that's anything above average. I've had average all the way down to minging...but never any better.

Good old USA is the place for an exceptional burger...and that one I had in France (not the horse one)....

The views, nice enough but ultimately quite average.

The paradox of the burger is that to do it well you require good quality steak, a freshly baked bap, fresh salad and good cheese, which all cost a lot. Most people consider a burger to be a cheap option though, so you end up with a frozen bap, shitty mince, limp veg and rubber cheese.

Hamburg Steak is the original name, and is listed by Escoffier as a classic dish in Haute Cuisine

A hamburger is not a steak though is it, it is made of minced beef. It is closer to the something they have over here in Germany called a Frikadelle. I'm lead to believe that the modern hamburger is an American invention, it being created by German immigrants who named it after Hamburg.

I think the idea is to grind cheaper, tougher cuts of meat & add a bit of this and that - thus creating something that tastes a bit like steak for a lower price

Chefs cheat by using steak cuts to make their burgers

MacDonalds cheat by mechanically rendering dead cows, using everything they can get away with

In my tender youth I was a butcher's boy and made beefburgers out of the left over meat from the carcass that people would not normally buy.

Good quality beef was never used in burgers, sausages or pate.

I remember a dish of mince was dropped on the floor and I had to scoop it up then pick the sawdust from it. Then mince was given a good stir and put on display

Alessandros posted a picture of one of their burgers the other day that looked above average. They said it was "100% Manx Aberdeen Angus in a handmade Ciabatta roll". It looked nice, might have to give it a bash.

it's taken me 10 hours to regain composure enough to post on here

flagrant disregard for protocol

I'm so angry I'd say cunt if it didn't upset Amadeus so much and he'd tell me off for saying cunt which would be a right cunt of a thing to happen

ETA Cunt

Archived