Uk Flooding

Lxxx

isn't it strange how the Thames Valley is a disaster after 24hrs yet Somerset has been drowned for weeks !

/cynicmode

To be fair there's a hell of a lot more people in the Thames valley. It's terrible for those involved but there've only been 40 houses flooded in Somerset, most of it is farm land.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair there's a hell of a lot more people tory voters in the Thames valley. It's terrible for those involved but there've only been 40 houses flooded in Somerset, most of it is farm land.

It does amuse me the way Declan hates his posts to be highlighted in this way. I wonder if he will waste more bandwidth telling all and sundry that he's put me on "ignore" for sullying his precious prose - yet again!

Like folks are somehow interested in who he reads or not. Dear me, does he need a serious reality check or what....

To be fair there's a hell of a lot more people tory voters in the Thames valley. It's terrible for those involved but there've only been 40 houses flooded in Somerset, most of it is farm land.

It does amuse me the way Declan hates his posts to be highlighted in this way. I wonder if he will waste more bandwidth telling all and sundry that he's put me on "ignore" for sullying his precious prose - yet again!

Like folks are somehow interested in who he reads or not. Dear me, does he need a serious reality check or what....

Eh?

OK, some play on the Tory part but I thought the part about the 40 houses and farmland were relevant.

I presume there's history between you both, but WTF PK, it's just a forum and everyone will disagree with someone along the line and that's life.

Take the piss out of each other by all means but make it funny somehow for us all to have a laugh together, but don't get personal as the forum is just somewhere to pass the time of day.

ps, you can tell me to P off if you like, make one of those crummy smileys and I'll laugh with you.

Chill out fella thumbsup.gif no offence meant

Alas and alack Declan takes himself FAR FAR too seriously to ever lighten up! Sad I know.

I enjoy seeing pics of nature at her most indifferent self but please please please stop producing footage of some self-promoting wanker seeing the cameras and just having to get out his fibreglass kayak, draught a couple of inches, so they can film the little tosser paddling down the flooded High Street. We get the idea it's flooded, OK!!!!

isn't it strange how the Thames Valley is a disaster after 24hrs yet Somerset has been drowned for weeks !

/cynicmode

To be fair there's a hell of a lot more people in the Thames valley. It's terrible for those involved but there've only been 40 houses flooded in Somerset, most of it is farm land.

Somerset farmland! Where the cider apples grow! Shit, all their prolonged flooding will affect us after all.

No doubt some midlanders and northerners will be having just a little chortle about this.

How often have 'the suvverners' had little digs about 'up north' being grey, and drab, and always raining, and cold, and miserable.

heh heh

/cynicmode

Somerset farmland! Where the cider apples grow! Shit, all their prolonged flooding will affect us after all.

No doubt some midlanders and northerners will be having just a little chortle about this.

How often have 'the suvverners' had little digs about 'up north' being grey, and drab, and always raining, and cold, and miserable.

heh heh

Spiteful little soul aren't we?

You may be "having a little chortle" but don't judge everyone by your own standards.

To remind us all of what is going on:

http://communitypressgroup.com/articles/a-flood-of-policies-and-a-pack-of-damn-lies-the-deliberate-flooding-of-the-somerset-levels/

Also, I've had the following comment from someone living in the Thames Valley:

"Generally its the very rich folk who are on/near the river.

We poorer guys are much further from it !"

And in all of those flooded areas, there is one common problem - there are lowlife scumbags going in and thieving from the houses that have been evacuated.

If the army can't get the floods to recede, the least they can do is wage war on the thieving ***********s.

And in all of those flooded areas, there is one common problem - there are lowlife scumbags going in and thieving from the houses that have been evacuated.

If the army can't get the floods to recede, the least they can do is wage war on the thieving ***********s.

Friends of mine do own a shop in the flooded area and kicked the shit out of a few eastern Europeans who wanted to help themselves.

You don't need mind-reading powers if you see some stranger rifling through your things and trying to take it out of your house. Or maybe they might just be concerned citizens who were trying to save your stuff from falling victim to water damage. Two possible options.

Archived