Big Boat in the Bay

dilligaf

• 4 months later...

Just think of how many jobs are provided, enabled or touched these days through Microsoft products. £ trillions worth across the world now. I don't begrudge him a big boat...he's effectively paid my wages for the past 20 years. Even the island must have had a substantial tickle of all the money spent and earned on it locally over the past 20 years.

Very nice ship Tattosh - spent about 6 months on the build in Rendsburg on this one - installed getting on for 6 x 19" racks of satellite & A/V distribution - sort of (quality & expensive) kit you would have seen in a leading Cable TV distribution network at the time.

Sailed through the Kiel Canal a couple of times, then did sea trials in the North Sea - moored later at Cuxhaven.

I do wish we'd stop calling rich people "high net worth individuals". There's more to a person's worth than how much money they have. In the case of Paul Allen, I'd say making a contribution to the advancement of technology and contributing to good causes has been a more worthwhile part of his life than accumulating a lot of money.

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 3