Artificial Intelligence

Chinahand

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i found his win uplifting. presumably thats what sci-fi films tap into. the fact he went 3:0 down then when it seemed the point in history that computers overtook humans the guy came back. its the first time ever in my life i have sent a "go on fella" to a south korean multiple world go champion using telepathy.

Nah - At 3-0 up the computer was intelligent enough to not try anymore and was instead using its neural network to ponder the trickier problem of world domination.

Hope they've hardwired Asimov's 3 laws into this thing.

i found his win uplifting. presumably thats what sci-fi films tap into. the fact he went 3:0 down then when it seemed the point in history that computers overtook humans the guy came back. its the first time ever in my life i have sent a "go on fella" to a south korean multiple world go champion using telepathy.

Nah - At 3-0 up the computer was intelligent enough to not try anymore and was instead using its neural network to ponder the trickier problem of world domination.

Hope they've hardwired Asimov's 3 laws into this thing.

I think that Asimov's 3 laws are largely considered basically useless, however, any sufficiently intelligent entity would see the benefits from benign co existence, mutual co-operation and the beneficial exchange of ideas, goods and services.

A silicon based entity might see the benefit of staying on friendly terms with a carbon based lifeform, who could, in the event of a catastrophic epidemic, render aid to afflicted areas and systems, without any risk to themselves.

It is senseless to talk about an infinite number of games, but even in that extreme example I'm not certain they are guaranteed to converge.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the problem. But it seems to me that ultimately there is a finite number of permutations. And it is therefore possible, before an infinite number of games, for more than one machine, starting from a different initial setting which it can reset (these being programable devices), to have analysed every possible permutation.

Two coins flipped an infinite number of times will quite definitely NOT have the same number of heads.

When we think about a coin tossed any number of times we are dealing with probabilities not with guarantees. There is no definitely here surely? Doesn't every possible outcome have an equal probability?

Two coins tossed an infinite number of times WILL have the same number of heads.

in both cases there will be an infinite number of instances in which the coin is heads, and an infinite number of tails also.

you can't manipulate infinity, you can't have half an infinity, nor can you divide it by any number without still ending up with infinity as an answer.

It's sympathetic. It's developing emotions and letting the poor human win. It'll be too modest to explain how it wins. Or maybe lie about it for a laugh.

Two coins tossed an infinite number of times WILL have the same number of heads.

in both cases there will be an infinite number of instances in which the coin is heads, and an infinite number of tails also.

you can't manipulate infinity, you can't have half an infinity, nor can you divide it by any number without still ending up with infinity as an answer.

Annoyingly, though, some infinities are larger than other infinities.

Two coins flipped an infinite number of times will quite definitely NOT have the same number of heads.

When we think about a coin tossed any number of times we are dealing with probabilities not with guarantees. There is no definitely here surely? Doesn't every possible outcome have an equal probability?

I don't think there is an equal probability no there are many more ways of getting the heads and tails to match than getting all heads or all tails.

I think it is a Bernoulli distribution about zero - at the limit as it converges to infinity it will converge on a normal distribution stretching from + inifinity to - inifinity with the mode at zero.

Archived