Carnival/Rendezvous/Strand 58/New Strand/Strand...up for sale

Wann

The brewery would cut off its nose to spite its face re the sale of these pubs.

The Brit in Ramsey closed in Feb 2014 and remains unsold. Like others (Nightlife), it's said to be rotten from the 1st floor up. There,s only the ground floor that could be used for anything without major investment and refurb. Which is why the brewery is trying to offload, following years of neglect.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the brewery are doing a marvellous job. They recently took a 1p off the price of Okells, so from £2.94 to £2.93

Every little helps. After buying 50 pints I will have saved 50p.

The Colby Glen has gone really downhill. There is enough of a local population for it to be busy, it's just poorly run. Agree about the landlady - dreadful. We live in Colby but invariably go to the Station, PSM or the Shore or the Bay.

Colby Glen and The Mines also up for sale

It's peculiar that the Colby Glen is up for sale with that new housing estate being built right behind it. Mind you, it has pretty good catchment already so it must be another case of IOM Breweries cocking up.

I think Okells is delish. Prob my fave of all the beers. I can drink a good 6 pints of it without any malaise the next day.

But, by your own admission, you live in a cardboard box and would probably class piddling your pants at night as central heating.

pissing my pants is normally considered the entertainment for the evening.

Less brewery pubs and more independent pubs is what's needed here. Freedom to alter the offerings, charge reasonable prices and give good looking women free alcohol will improve trade no end.

However first we'd need to ship a load of pretty women in from across.

Archived