• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A more believable coincidence may be that Pluto was discovered the same year as the birth of Disney's character perhaps...1930.

The cartoon dog was given the name 'Pluto' by a British schoolgirl, Venetia Burney, months before the planet was discovered.

No ordinary school girl it would appear. No ordinary family either.

How many Pluto's do we know of.

Great uncle must have been good at bedtime stories, coming up with Phobos and Deimos.

"Born in Oxford, England on 1919, Venetia Burney is the great neice of Henry Madan who is credited with naming the two moons of Mars -Phobos and Deimos."

All gods of classical Greek and Roman mythology and of the Underworld, convenient, don't you think, for a group of anything at all ..? Relative, of course, to the naming of all the other planets and their moons...

I Know it is not met kindly to not share the unquestionable faith of the spectacular information shared by NASA as of late, However upon the sight of the below picture taken as the probe leaves Pluto, showing its beautiful atmosphere, I have to ask how did it capture such an image.

How large would the sun be from the perspective of Pluto?

I am told that at its brightest moment it is only equivalent to twilight here on earth?

to line the Sun and Pluto up for the fly by shot was quite a fortuitous moment indeed, the uniformity of the atmospheric ring is close to perfection in its own right.

So with this in mind how did such an illumination occur with the sun looking little more than another star in the sky from the observer on Pluto...

1437828532332.jpg

"Since Pluto is so far away from the Sun (at a average distance of 3,670,050,000 miles), the Sun would look much dimmer and smaller that it does from here on Earth. From Pluto, the Sun would look like a very bright star and would light up Pluto during the day about as much as the full Moon lights up Earth at night."

I Know it is not met kindly to not share the unquestionable faith of the spectacular information shared by NASA as of late, However upon the sight of the below picture taken as the probe leaves Pluto, showing its beautiful atmosphere, I have to ask how did it capture such an image.

I am told that at its brightest moment it is only equivalent to twilight here on earth?

to line the Sun and Pluto up for the fly by shot was quite a fortuitous moment indeed, the uniformity of the atmospheric ring is close to perfection in its own right.

So with this in mind how did such an illumination occur with the sun looking little more than another star in the sky from the observer on Pluto...

1437828532332.jpg

"Since Pluto is so far away from the Sun (at a average distance of 3,670,050,000 miles), the Sun would look much dimmer and smaller that it does from here on Earth. From Pluto, the Sun would look like a very bright star and would light up Pluto during the day about as much as the full Moon lights up Earth at night."[/size]

This was taken in a garage in Sulby with a pound coin held in front of a 60 watt bulb. Everyone knows that

This was taken in a garage in Sulby with a pound coin held in front of a 60 watt bulb. Everyone knows that

You are clearly a NASA/Government/Illuminati shill, sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt with your blatant falsehoods and misdirections.

Nobody in Sulby would have a spare pound coin.

1437828532332.jpg

"Since Pluto is so far away from the Sun (at a average distance of 3,670,050,000 miles), the Sun would look much dimmer and smaller that it does from here on Earth. From Pluto, the Sun would look like a very bright star and would light up Pluto during the day about as much as the full Moon lights up Earth at night."

Gerry, you do understand this picture is showing the light from the sun being refracted in Pluto's atmosphere?

The angular size of the sun's disc is far smaller than the angular size of the disc of Pluto, and is obscured behind it - approximately centrally, but that is a relative term - it could be many degrees out of centre and produce similar results; note how the light isn't uniform around the disc, showing the sun isn't totally central.

Some of the sun's light is being bent by the atmosphere sufficiently to be visible from New Horizons. This effect will be visible for a very large area of space behind Pluto - it isn't an eclipse where the two discs have the same angular size.

Chinahand, I understand what they are trying to say that picture represents.

Lets not worry about the position of the sun for now, or the skillful launch and placement of the camera to catch Pluto in full sunlight and also from behind as it has in the image...

Last night I strapped in at went for the 45 min journey, of your animation in your astronomy post, below is the ending picture. this animation helps explain what I was trying to convey in the previous post..

As you can see the computer simulation says the sun is approx 800,000 KM from the observer, now look at the size of the sun from this distance.

post-35809-0-24418000-1437985820_thumb.jpg

Now let us step back another 3 billion miles, then place a 2000 mile wide sphere in front of us and then move back say another 100,000 miles or so, do you think we would get this?

1355567702647571240.jpg

It is (for once) an interesting point from Gerry. But as with all of these images, they are enhanced to show the detail. Surely, the main purpose of the photograph is to show that Pluto has an atmosphere, and to do so they would pull in whatever it was giving off through the entire radiation spectrum in addition to just visible light. Chinahand? Be interested to hear your take on this aspect.

Archived