Court employee stole £98,000 from workplace

Wann

3fm News

I didn't see this case on the published court lists and can't find it on Isle of Man Newspapers website or Manx Radio website. But well done 3fm for the report.

(Another?) One nearly under the radar.

That this sort of thing can happen in the first place just smacks of sheer and utter incompetence in the General Registry. An arm of Government that is literally a law unto itself. No Minister, except perhaps the Treasury Minister by way of funding, has any control of these people. So it is outwith political control and left to the highly paid (and some would say with good reason lowly qualified and capable) civil servants who run the joint.

This sort of thing has happened before of course.

I'll leave it at that for now.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the fuss.

A girl stole money and she was caught. Obviously processes were sufficient to catch her. This could and does happen in all sectors (churches, charities, business ....).

You should make a fuss when money is stolen and no one is caught/found accountable.

A good point I suppose.

Mayoress' chain, Gaiety Theatre, etc

I did find it interesting that this case was not included on the Court Lists. And that Manx RAdio and Isle of Man Newspapers don't find it newsworthy.

Maybe there is loads of this but it is dealt with in the Isle of Man courts on the qt.

I don't see the fuss.

A girl stole money and she was caught. Obviously processes were sufficient to catch her. This could and does happen in all sectors (churches, charities, business ....).

You should make a fuss when money is stolen and no one is caught/found accountable.

Except that she was at it for a year and a half. That is a concern, surely? I would hope that systems are changed to detect dishonesty a bit quicker.

I don't see the fuss.

Except that she was at it for a year and a half. That is a concern, surely? I would hope that systems are changed to detect dishonesty a bit quicker.

Meaning they have no process in place at the minute? I would of thought this was basic stuff.

Am I retting the message here that our courts were/are employing a junkie? Surely not.

It just fills you full of confidence that government are checking the backgrounds of the people getting work permits correctly dosen't it.

Archived