Wrightys avatar

thebees

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I thought he'd updated to a new one, but no!

The Mandelbrot set IS pretty awesome - complex to boot!

And very, very simple to program. With a few days' work you have something nice and attractive.

Oh, I thought he'd updated to a new one, but no!

The Mandelbrot set IS pretty awesome - complex to boot!

And very, very simple to program. With a few days' work you have something nice and attractive.

There are thousands of Mandelbrot set generators on the web:

http://www.easyfractalgenerator.com/mandelbrot-set-generator.aspx

http://tilde.club/~david/m/#

http://www.atopon.org/mandel/#

@Wann, the causes of the variation in human knowledge and articulacy is a never ending subject of fascination. Place a certain person in a certain environment and you get one result, place another person (even with very similar genetics) in another or even a very similar environment and you get something else entirely.

Is it elitist to discriminate and see some results as better than others, to aspire for people to aim for a particular result? Can we all aspire to a certain level of knowledge and articulacy? Or are some doomed to ever answer the questions of life with so much garbled thought while relying on a whole different suite of assets to get on in life.

Ah, life rich pageant, hey.

Or are some doomed to ever answer the questions of life with so much garbled thought while relying on a whole different suite of assets to get on in life.

That's all of us for my money, even the most brilliant. It may well be that the nature of existence is way beyond our intellectual capacity as a species to grapple with. Although his relativity is beautiful, Einstein didn't crack it and there has been nobody fit to lick his boots since. A profound question I have pondered is what percentage of the knowledge available in and of the universe we actually possess at present. I suspect that it is infinitesimal.

I am not decrying the efforts of those who do the research. Their work is fascinating. Whether we are up to the task of actually explaining the questions of life before life on the planet is extinguished is another matter.

@Wann, the causes of the variation in human knowledge and articulacy is a never ending subject of fascination. Place a certain person in a certain environment and you get one result, place another person (even with very similar genetics) in another or even a very similar environment and you get something else entirely.

Is it elitist to discriminate and see some results as better than others, to aspire for people to aim for a particular result? Can we all aspire to a certain level of knowledge and articulacy? Or are some doomed to ever answer the questions of life with so much garbled thought while relying on a whole different suite of assets to get on in life.

Ah, life rich pageant, hey.

N'e're mind 'em China , I'm with you IKBA as well and I've 'done good'flowers.giflaugh.png

Or are some doomed to ever answer the questions of life with so much garbled thought while relying on a whole different suite of assets to get on in life.

That's all of us for my money, even the most brilliant. It may well be that the nature of existence is way beyond our intellectual capacity as a species to grapple with. Although his relativity is beautiful, Einstein didn't crack it and there has been nobody fit to lick his boots since. A profound question I have pondered is what percentage of the knowledge available in and of the universe we actually possess at present. I suspect that it is infinitesimal.

I am not decrying the efforts of those who do the research. Their work is fascinating. Whether we are up to the task of actually explaining the questions of life before life on the planet is extinguished is another matter.

Very true Woolley, we know very little, but for all that, I think some people do know more than others. And some people do know how to live a better life ... though goodness knows how you define better. Of the two women featured in the Youtube clips in this thread I hope it is the first one to appear and not the second, but maybe I'm wrong!

I suspect there is some overlap between those who know things and those who know how to live well, though goodness knows the overlap is complex and definitely not linear, and living well is probably more important than knowing things, but it would seem that the connection between the two explains a lot about human drives.

Archived