MT 4G at lunch time

Terminal

On PAYG my 4G slows right down and often becomes unusable between 12 and 2pm. This is the only time of day when I need to use 4G.

I'm wondering whether switching to contract will solve this as it uses a different APN. Anyone using MT contract 4G able to confirm whether it also becomes slow around this time.

On PAYG my 4G slows right down and often becomes unusable between 12 and 2pm. This is the only time of day when I need to use 4G.

I'm wondering whether switching to contract will solve this as it uses a different APN. Anyone using MT contract 4G able to confirm whether it also becomes slow around this time.

My 4G is slow often around these times on contract. It's a bit shit really.

Yeah I'm on a bargain-tastic £45 per month contract with MT and my 4G routinely drops its arse out over lunchtime and sometimes stretching on a bit further into the afternoon as well.

Clearly just not enough bandwidth to go around, although I'd be interested to know if it's just a Douglas thing or island-wide - i.e. the masts in Douglas being maxed out or the overall 4G capacity being saturated.

I'd be interested to know if it's just a Douglas thing or island-wide - i.e. the masts in Douglas being maxed out or the overall 4G capacity being saturated.

My job takes me all over the Island and it's the same everywhere.

Not just me then.

12:20, give or take a few minutes, all round Douglas.

From mid morning I'm lucky if I get anything better than an H signal on my 4G.

Sent a pal a text on the 10th, @9:15. It was his birthday and had a day off work. He replied 10mins later, a few minutes after that, and again a few minutes later. I got them all on the 11th @ 4am. MT has been getting progressively shite for a few weeks now.

Why bother going to a cafe with your mate to both sit there intensively hammering the 4g?

That's them having a conversation with each other. It's how the yoot communicate these days. Easier than opening and closing your mouth and forming shapes with it in order to make sounds. Even easier than grunting.

Archived