MT 4G at lunch time

Terminal

• 5 weeks later...

MT 4G was awful for a week or more, virtually unusable at times for quite long periods (hours) even when a good 4G signal was showing on my phone. It seems much better today.

It seemed to start out noticeably faster than 3G but now it doesn't seem very much better. That might just my expectations adjusting to a new norm, admittedly,

MT 4G was awful for a week or more, virtually unusable at times for quite long periods (hours) even when a good 4G signal was showing on my phone. It seems much better today.

It seemed to start out noticeably faster than 3G but now it doesn't seem very much better. That might just my expectations adjusting to a new norm, admittedly,

Don't be daft, it's to get you to pay more for an upgrade.

• 10 months later...

The same happens elsewhere. In Glasgow city centre the Internet connectivity plummets at lunchtime because the 4G system can only handle a specific amount of data, so when everyone is trying to use it at once it has to get shared and that can result in a very slow connection. The answer is to use a WiFi connection if you can find one that's not also been obliterated by mass lunchtime use.

• 2 months later...

Archived