Ramsey Candidate seeks to balance Tynwald and work

Grianane

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really concerning to be honest the pile of shite we have standing in Ramsey this time

It's not just Ramsey. It's a wall to wall wanker-fest. If we thought things couldn't get worse then I think we'll be proved wrong. A lot of the people coming through are even worse than some of the incompetent wankers we had.

This is great news, it will be worth listening to Manx Radio on a Tuesday if Nick gets elected, he will certainly take no crap from Beecroft biatch

Can he be any worse than the current crop of defending MHKs each with their own quirks and foillbles - and one even hammered in a Tynpotwald report. Plus some MHKs are also alleged to hold some very unsavoury views. Should fit in,

Really concerning to be honest the pile of shite we have standing in Ramsey this time

If we thought things couldn't get worse then I think we'll be proved wrong.

It is of course too early to press the panic button (not least because no-one has actually voted yet) but this prediction has a distinct likelihood of coming true. There are some seriously deficient candidates out there (don't take my word for it; just listen to those MR interviews) and some are likely to slip through the net, or rather the ballot box, and end up on the benches. That'll see many of the "experienced" no-hopers, because quite a few who should be consigned to the rubbish bin will be re-elected, shuffled up a level into key posts including, potentially, CoMin. The whole circus could take on a distinctly (yet more) amateurish complexion. And all overseen by the best friend of social media "President" Rodan, another waste of skin clown. It'll be both interesting and horrifying (probably) to eventually see who the new CM is and what kind of Frankenstein monster the new CoMin resembles.

It is of course too early to press the panic button (not least because no-one has actually voted yet) but this prediction has a distinct likelihood of coming true. There are some seriously deficient candidates out there (don't take my word for it; just listen to those MR interviews) and some are likely to slip through the net, or rather the ballot box, and end up on the benches. That'll see many of the "experienced" no-hopers, because quite a few who should be consigned to the rubbish bin will be re-elected, shuffled up a level into key posts including, potentially, CoMin. The whole circus could take on a distinctly (yet more) amateurish complexion. And all overseen by the best friend of social media "President" Rodan, another waste of skin clown. It'll be both interesting and horrifying (probably) to eventually see who the new CM is and what kind of Frankenstein monster the new CoMin resembles.

I dont even want to think about it to be honest.

Agreed VD, and I see that arrogant tw@t Hooper has been slagging-off his fellow commissioners on Farcebook:

"Not an enjoyable Commissioners meeting tonight.

Having to admonish a committee for not following the Board's instructions was not pleasant.

On top of this, not once in the last four years i've been on the Board have personal insults been thrown - completely unprofessional and a massive let down. Actually made me wonder why I stood for a second term.

Disappointingly there are some Members who are quite strongly against attempts to make RTC more open and accessible and who seem to want to conduct more business in private. (Just to note, all business at RTC is in public unless it concerns confidential issues).

Having said that i've managed to get a vote through to appoint a tenant representative to the RTC housing committee (even though there were some members who were heavily opposed) - so it wasn't all bad.

It might also have been my last meeting as Chairman.

The Board decided the General Election would get in the way of the next meeting (which was scheduled for the day before) - not sure why, but to be honest it seemed like posturing and from some of the comments it felt more like a personal attack. Again, the first time i've felt like that in my whole time as a Commissioner and I was greatly saddened that some Members appear more concerned with their own personal agendas and with scoring points.

If I am lucky enough to be Elected to the House of Keys in September then I will probably look back on tonight as the low point of my time on RTC.

I'll say this though, it has made me more determined to get Elected to the House of Keys to make sure I have every opportunity to really make a difference."

I dont even want to think about it to be honest.

Would be great if the new Keys abolished the paid role of President of Tynwald

Ex sidecar racer. Won the TT five times. Politics slightly to the right of Hitler.

Er, interesting Manx Radio interview..

What gems of wisdom were dispensed?

There was a great one along the lines of 'grandiose officials paying themselves handsomely to achieve close to feck all'

I paraphrase

Archived