Religious Extremism

fredtosser

How can personal gifts like that be anonymous on the extremely well financially regulated Isle of Man?

lol , why should anyone have to declare gifts .

If one has acquired money legitimately theft's nobody's business how one disposes of those funds.

Any transaction over €15,000 should be automatically subject to AML. That would be a cumulative amount over a reasonable period of time (maybe a year) where people are paying regularly out of salary. They should also know the source of wealth of the payer.

Why ? AML ?

I don't have a problem with declaring the "source of wealth" , why would I if it was acquired legitimately?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can personal gifts like that be anonymous on the extremely well financially regulated Isle of Man?

If one has acquired money legitimately theft's nobody's business how one disposes of those funds.

Any transaction over €15,000 should be automatically subject to AML. That would be a cumulative amount over a reasonable period of time (maybe a year) where people are paying regularly out of salary. They should also know the source of wealth of the payer.

Why ? AML ?

I don't have a problem with declaring the "source of wealth" , why would I if it was acquired legitimately?

Which cave have you been living in since 1998?

Why ? AML ?

How would you know the source of wealth / if it was acquired legitimately if it was given anonymously?

Just had a conversation with the info desk at the National Secular Society about this cult. They were extremely interested in the story. Hopefully, in the next few days it will appear in their 'Media Round Up' section.

Yeah that will fuck them right over.

Not interested in fucking them right over, just seeking to shine the spotlight on the continuing and disgusting religious privilege and sense of entitlement assumed by believers, not just this cult. They should be subject to taxation and inquiry like the rest of us.

You in there yourself?

Why ? AML ?

Which cave have you been living in since 1998?

never lived in a cave and not complaining on my present accommodation thanksflowers.gif

Why ? AML ?

How would you know the source of wealth / if it was acquired legitimately if it was given anonymously?

Well I've never been given any money anonymously but I have given money " anonymously" and have subsequently been asked by advocates/recipients banks to establish it's source and never had a problem.

I find it amusing that the banks /governments ask all these questions "to avoid money laundering" when they presided over the biggest scam/theft by 'the banks' back in 2007/8 who all "got away with it"flowers.gif

Just had a conversation with the info desk at the National Secular Society about this cult. They were extremely interested in the story. Hopefully, in the next few days it will appear in their 'Media Round Up' section.

Yeah that will fuck them right over.

Not interested in fucking them right over, just seeking to shine the spotlight on the continuing and disgusting religious privilege and sense of entitlement assumed by believers, not just this cult. They should be subject to taxation and inquiry like the rest of us.

You in there yourself?

My point being if you are so incensed that is a pretty lame course of action, better just publicise their accounts and name and shame members and associated businesses or even better now that we all know where he lives stage a protest outside his house.

I'm thinking about attending this church. I just need to see their accounts to be sure all the tithe goes to charity before I'm prepared to join. Please can someone from LHC post their accounts to put my mind and the minds of these godless sceptics at rest? If you are truly people of God, it's not like you have anything to hide.....

It says in that article that the tithe pays salaries rents and events etc.

Okay, let's see an exact break down of ingoing and outgoing money...

I was speaking to the Head Charange of the Salvation Army not many years ago, a decent man. He was earning then about £13,000 a year and had a family to support and was basically living a life close to poverty.

And he was dedicated to doing genuine good works for the poor and needy and the Salvation Army continues to do so on a daily basis.

Compare and contrast with this Living Hope lot.

He was earning then about £13,000 a year and had a family to support and was basically living a life close to poverty.

And he was dedicated to doing genuine good works for the poor and needy and the Salvation Army continues to do so on a daily basis.

Compare and contrast with this Living Hope lot.

Yes it's surely a miracle! Hallelujah!

Is there anything in place to protect schools from these manipulative religious cults yet?

Parents, and er, reason.

But how? We have no idea what they are telling our kids in school. They have external religious organisations coming in to school to present to the kids, but they don't tell us. I only know because my son has told me.

I've just emailed the school to ask them to let me know exactly who is visiting, and raising other concerns about religious indoctrination in school.

Is there anything in place to protect schools from these manipulative religious cults yet? I mean other than the fact that modern kids are actually a lot wiser thanks to their huge access to online knowledge.

My 11 yr old granddaughter's class were invited to a "Fun day" ( the school was a C of E school to be fair), at the Church as a "farewell treat".

She's had a tough time in that her mum died from ovarian cancer when she was 7 ( but she is a self assured girl) and to my and my sons surprise she declined the invite and opted to do stay in her classroom and do extra maths !

I was so proud of her , she had the courage not to "go along".

I doubt I would have taken the same decision at her age ( well TBH the "maths" wouldn't be much of an incentive).

Edit to add :- the school was in a rural village across

Archived