Experiment in direct democracy

Weevil central

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a politician to rely on an internet poll to decide how to vote in Tynwald shows either huge naivety about the reality of the internet or incredibly poor judgement.

Very true. I would say also say their security procedures are pretty slack: unless Phil has had a sudden change of heart on the whole thing?

For a politician to rely on an internet poll to decide how to vote in Tynwald shows either huge naivety about the reality of the internet or incredibly poor judgement.

Very true. I would say also say their security procedures are pretty slack: unless Phil has had a sudden change of heart on the whole thing

You just got Gwned

Don't quite understand the anger about this. Not perfect, I grant you, but it's not neccesarily issues that can't be fixed.

It's not anger. It's exposing what an impotent, useless, fundamentally flawed, initiative it is whose sole purpose seems to be to simply generate publicity for Phil Gawne. There are absolutely no controls over anything and no governance over the whole registration process. Yet they claim it's the future and that certain MHKs will vote in Tynwald as directed by a whole pile of sock puppets who register on a site which has no independent governance over it at all. It's an embarrassment to democracy.

Well I'd not want to encounter you when you are angry.

You misinterpret a sense of purpose for anger. I object to cynical sham initiatives like this that are an attempt to hoodwink the public. I already have registration details, screenshots, and a list of email addresses of a large number of non existent people registered on there and who have voted on there. If things like the SPC vote goes through I'll happily publish the list to show there was no sound basis to support certain Members' votes for that proposal. How on earth can it be taken seriously enough to have members vote on a proposal in the house on the back of completely fabricated polls and responses to contrived and deliberately positioned questions from a Minister who has very little credibility left at all after the Douglas Promenade farce?

Surely if the politicians were properly in touch with the people, they would know the public view on issues without the need for stunts.

If you really want to influence policy, comment on consultations.

You misinterpret a sense of purpose for anger. I object to cynical sham initiatives like this that are an attempt to hoodwink the public. I already have registration details, screenshots, and a list of email addresses of a large number of non existent people registered on there and who have voted on there. If things like the SPC vote goes through I'll happily publish the list to show there was no sound basis to support certain Members' votes for that proposal. How on earth can it be taken seriously enough to have members vote on a proposal in the house on the back of completely fabricated polls and responses to contrived and deliberately positioned questions from a Minister who has very little credibility left at all after the Douglas Promenade farce?

You actually are beginning to sound mental.

Nothing quite so amusing as the impotent machinations emanating from your average pot of manx crabs, that nobody gives a fuck about. You're going to try and discredit the validity of polling data with data you cannot validate. Laughing my tits off.

Buckle up bitches, the future is coming!

Love,

Phil.

You actually are beginning to sound mental.

That sounds like classic deflection to me. What's mental about pointing out that there is no authentic underpin to that site at all? There is probably as much governance around registeration on here as there is on there. In fact probably more. Yet that site is somehow representative of democracy to the point that it will drive certain votes in Keys and be used as a benchmark for open democracy? I'm sorry but there is no credibility whatsoever in allowing unchecked sock puppets to drive voting behaviour.

Nothing quite so amusing as the impotent machinations emanating from your average pot of manx crabs, that nobody gives a fuck about. You're going to try and discredit the validity of polling data with data you cannot validate. Laughing my tits off.

Love,

Phil.

Hi scampi

Love,

Phil.

It's all very easily validated actually, and it may well be released if votes are made in the House on the back of polls driven by non existent people who you have allowed to register completely unvalidated and unchecked. Looking forward to Twitter Friday also.

Archived