Habib ceasing Manx operations

GD4ELI

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty old news now.

I used to have a client who banked with them but their account opening / maintenance requirements weren't the particularly business friendly, especially when there were other options and we closed the account years ago.

There might only be four people working there, but they are in addition to the 70 odd people at Nationwide who were advised they were losing their jobs at the same time.

Its hardly something to write home about and is not an indication that the banking sector is booming.

I used to have a client who banked with them but their account opening / maintenance requirements weren't the particularly business friendly, especially when there were other options and we closed the account years ago.

There might only be four people working there, but they are in addition to the 70 odd people at Nationwide who were advised they were losing their jobs at the same time.

Its hardly something to write home about and is not an indication that the banking sector is booming.

The banking sector is contracting world wide. It isn't an IoM specific problem is it?

And there is no doubt more to come.

Nationwide were always going. If you don't have a retail branch model you are on borrowed time in building societies.

The banking sector is contracting world wide. It isn't an IoM specific problem is it?

And there is no doubt more to come.

Nationwide were always going. If you don't have a retail branch model you are on borrowed time in building societies.

I would agree the banking sector is contracting worldwide and it isn't an IOM specific problem, but it is less hard to ignore in a small population.

Given the current climate that fact that 74 people, rather than just 4, will soon be looking for employment in the banking sector its hardly something to make light of.

There will be more banking redundancies, on that you can count.

Ah happy to take the finance sector shilling whilst slagging it off.

You couldn't make it up!

Well I was working for the landlord as it goes but don't let that put you off clutching at straws. Mine's a labour intensive job - I did it & was paid based on that labour, it doesn't get much more honest than that.

Professionally I couldn't give a fuck they're going or others like them, despite your predictions of doom there has always been a market for hard, comparatively lowly paid labour here and there always will be. The fact that you and your like

prefer to do much easier labour & get paid a lot more for doing it is where the real problem will hit when things go tits up.

Personally I'm sad to see them go, they were nice to me while I was there and am sorry to see them lose their jobs.

Archived