Tiny Cow

Bray Hill

Did I hear right that the promoter behind the Tom Jones concert is refusing/avoiding paying for the repair to the field used? It seems one of his former business partners has flagged up previously about non payment for services from the same guy!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I hear right that the promoter behind the Tom Jones concert is refusing/avoiding paying for the repair to the field used? It seems one of his former business partners has flagged up previously about non payment for services from the same guy!

Are you saying Tom Jones is not concerned about the green, green, grass of somewhere else?

sounds about right, the field is a bit of a mess.

Seems DED and the promoter have lost money on the event so nobody wants to cough up to put it right.

The Isle of Man news facebook page has said it has seen an email that exposes the losses on the Jacksons gig.. a sum of £100K! so Tom Jones justs adds to the taxpayers misery. Good on the person that has leaked it, probably someone who is ending their political career.

Why shouldn't Government get involved? You are not ever going to get huge stars like Tom Jones here any other way.

There are a huge range of events and festivals etc where government funding and support is given every year. Some of us benefit and have an interest in them. Some of us don't. Is the Tom Jones gig any different really?

No marks to either of you yet, I wonder, could you both show the rough workings in the column provided, please.

OK. Just for you..............................Well to fly over to the UK for a concert costs in the region of £250-300 these days. (i've just done it actually).

If the concert lost £150,000 and was attended by 4000 people that is a subsidy of £37.50 per person.

If you flew 4000 people away then the cost would have been around £1m.

But you'd charter in planes. You're quoting top price commercial flights notwell. I've done the sums. The Jacksons subsidy was £60 per ticket the TJ was at least £25.

I can understand why I should subsidise my fellow man for healthcare, education, social services and security. Not so sure about Tom Jones or the Jacksons

Archived