Tiny Cow

Bray Hill

Why shouldn't Government get involved? You are not ever going to get huge stars like Tom Jones here any other way.

There are a huge range of events and festivals etc where government funding and support is given every year. Some of us benefit and have an interest in them. Some of us don't. Is the Tom Jones gig any different really?

This poster is so fucking stupid I'm beginning to wonder whether it's a parody account

The government support a massive range of events. Including the TT. Which benefits some and not others.

What about Yn Chruinnaght? Also funded by the tax payer.

What about the Island Games? Student Games?

Car Rally?

There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in government getting involved in the Tom Jones concern. I didn't really get the Jacksons one.

But I'm not against the concept of supporting events for Tom Jones/Elton John type acts.

Car Rally - Rally Isle of Man does not get any monetary support from the Government, in fact it has to pay a substantial amount for "services" which I doubt the TT or MGP have to pay for.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Isn't he the bellend who renamed his festival facebook page to Isle of Man news or similar and then posted loads of Isle of Man news that was all about how the IOM government are shit and that his company had been fucked over?  And when anyone questioned the fact that a page owned by him was trying to pass itself off as an independent news site but posting little else other than propaganda for his company he tried to claim that it wasn't him and he'd passed the page on to other unconnected people.

He appears to be a terrible liar, a terrible event promoter and terrible at taking responsibility for his own failures.

19 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Isn't he the bellend who renamed his festival facebook page to Isle of Man news or similar and then posted loads of Isle of Man news that was all about how the IOM government are shit and that his company had been fucked over?  And when anyone questioned the fact that a page owned by him was trying to pass itself off as an independent news site but posting little else other than propaganda for his company he tried to claim that it wasn't him and he'd passed the page on to other unconnected people.

He appears to be a terrible liar, a terrible event promoter and terrible at taking responsibility for his own failures.

Well yes, and I am not a fan of his at all but...

twitter,FB etc are all over him.  People have posted his home address and mobile number for the hoardes to go at.  

He fucked up (again) I am sure he knows he fucked up.  This has the potential to turn into a massive hate campaign and I really hope the internet doesn't push Somone so far there is a nasty outcome.

just saying

11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

He does seem to have a gift for feigning plausibility though. Ultimately that's all that anyone really needs.

Wasn't this concert to raise money for the Manchester attack victims though? He's fucked. 

26 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Well yes, and I am not a fan of his at all but...

twitter,FB etc are all over him.  People have posted his home address and mobile number for the hoardes to go at.  

He fucked up (again) I am sure he knows he fucked up.  This has the potential to turn into a massive hate campaign and I really hope the internet doesn't push Somone so far there is a nasty outcome.

just saying

Erm, isn't the only reason that people are doing that because he himself had tried to throw one of the people working for him under the bus rather than take some responsibility himself?  He named an individual and gave out his contact details and suggested that people go after that person for the failure of his event in Liverpool.

Fortunately it seems that people saw through what he was doing an instead chucked his own contact details up in response.  So you'll forgive me if I don't have any sympathy for him getting the same treatment that he was trying to give someone else.

Archived