Tiny Cow

Bray Hill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Manx Radio Mandate this morning, on being questioned regarding the quoted cost to the taxpayers of £100,000 for a concert at the Villa Marina, Laurence Skelly seemed to mitigate it all by saying the Villa was within budget at the end of the year.

Hmm, so that's alright then.

And you are a bitter deluded cunt.

The fact of matter is that government support a wide range of things that some people benefit from. Others have no interest in. I had no interest in Tom Jones, the yn crunnaight or lots of other things the government support. But I'm happy others do and benefit from that.

We live on an island. We don't have the catchment area for a big arena and regular acts like Manchester etc. An opportunity arose to do something quite unique here these days.

If this was a very regular occurrence you would have a point. I wouldn't agree with 10 of those a year costing 100m but it isn't the case.

Everything government ploughs money into has a commercial implication as far as the tax payer is concerned.

My only real concern about any venture the government supports or under writes is where promoters and or organisers who are paid, earn their money. But that's a different debate.

Nothing to be bitter about thanks - I didn't contribute to it. This is not government business, you fucking numbskull. If it makes a loss, they shouldn't be spanking taxpayers' money on a failed commercial venture, and if it made a profit, they shouldn't be crowding out the private sector from making a legitimate living from organising events. The other events you referred to have a genuine Manx cultural dimension and/or generate exports. Idiots like you - many of them actually in government - are the reason the island's finances are fucked.

The fact that you think there is anything outlandish in my post says more than I ever could about how big a cretin you are.

Government should stick to the business of government. If there were fewer clowns like you among our elected representatives, the island might not be facing this loss.

Sadly, the legislature is made up of many clowns like you.

But you'd charter in planes. You're quoting top price commercial flights notwell. I've done the sums. The Jacksons subsidy was £60 per ticket the TJ was at least £25.

I can understand why I should subsidise my fellow man for healthcare, education, social services and security. Not so sure about Tom Jones or the Jacksons

Did you have to go and spoil it for him just when he thought he was beginning to look pretty smart with sumsbiggrin.png

Not at all. The point still stood and was perfectly valid. You couldn't charter planes out and back in a day for 4000 people. The costs would still be sizeable and you would have overnight accommodation costs for 4000 people. Versus what amounted to a "subsidy" of about £40.

So, i was perfectly correct.thumbsup.gif

Archived