Vegan Eateries

Rhumsaa

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would of thought Noa Bakehouse would be a good start...or Jabbawooky?

Jabberwocky is shut, it's now something else. Rhumsaa started a thread about the place.

called The Eatery now

I think they do some veggie stuff - unknown if vegan too

I have considered the Greens pop up in Noa Bakehouse

I think I have a few options for a Saturday lunch it's just evening meals and what is open on a Sunday that is on my mind

I know that was a lighthearted response j2bad, unfortunately all Guinness products are produced using finings to clear the beer and settling suspended matter. There are no synthetic finings approved for use, finings, such as isinglass, are animal or fish products. So Guinness is not vegan.

I only knew of the issue because I have a vegan friend and going out has been a nightmare historically. I'm glad he can now drink Guinness. I checked with a vegan society friendly beer list before I posted as well!

Actually I'm correct. They announced going isinglass free in November 2015, initially hoping for March 2016, later by end 2016. Here's the up to date info. Still not vegan everywhere.

http://www.barnivore.com/beer/26/guinness

no you said...

unfortunately all Guinness products are produced using finings to clear the beer and settling suspended matter. There are no synthetic finings approved for use, finings, such as isinglass, are animal or fish products. So Guinness is not vegan.

so you are still incorrect as there is a alternative, and just because a blog post 4 months ago on a Canadian site says nothing conclusive does not make your statement correct.

Archived